Eek! A famous person!

I've just sold a book on Cairn Terriers to Colin Mochrie. I wasn't sure if it was the famous Colin Mochrie (Whose Line Is It Anyway et al) but I checked his website and the delivery location area matches and he has 2 Cairn Terriers.

Sad that I'm so taken with this ?:|

Anyone else had sales to recognizable names?

Ann
Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Eek! A famous person!

Wow that's coo I loved that show tool, you never know who you might sell to.

Red
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

I love that show! Colin & Ryan are the best and I don't know of any other show that has made me laugh so much.

I haven't recognized any famous names among my customers but am impressed with some that I do have when I find out some things about them and the positions that they hold.

Can you ask Colin if he needs any copper jewellery?....:^O
Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Three years ago i sold a Survivor Australia backpack to Ethan who won Survivor Africa. Sent back an autographed picture & thank you note.

Since then, ZILCH.
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

stittsville11
Community Member
I've sold a Trivial Pursuit to Rick Mercer, a set of Nightmare VCR Board Games to Gloria Estefan's son, Nayib, and a lot of Nancy Drew books to Adam Klugman, son of Jack Klugman and Brett Somers.

That being said, I treat each buyer like they are something special and give them all celebrity treatment 😄
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

What was the name of the show that Colin Mochrie and his wife had together a few years ago? They played a CBC celebrity couple in the 1960s.

Mrs. Mochrie is currently appearing as the Mayor in Little Mosque on the Prairie.
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

I believe that was 'Getting Along Famously'. I'm a fan of his (just loved 'Whose Line' , have not seen any other work by Deb McGrath.
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

And - just curious - any particular reason for Ena Sharples?

Ann
Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Robin Williams was in the store a few years ago, besides that I can't think of anyone on Ebay....
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

In person tops an eBay sale!
Message 10 of 19
latest reply

I rode in the same car as Christopher Plummer!

Unfortunately he wasn't in it at the same time....:_|
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
I rode in the same car as Christopher Plummer!

Unfortunately he wasn't in it at the same time....:_|

Judy,

You are so funny!

Susan
Message 12 of 19
latest reply

I've had quite a few famous customers on eBay over the years.

Ed Helms from the Office bought a bunch of bluegrass records, Graham Nash bought a CSNY live album (?), Henry Rollins (actor, TV host, former Black Flag frontman) bought a Wire album, producer Steve Lillywhite bought a magazine with an article about him in it, Jac Holzman, founder of Elektra records buying an early Elektra release. John Schorr the current owner of Sun Records buying a Sun Records import release, Ian Gomm buying a copy of his sheet music for "Hold On" to name but a few.
Message 13 of 19
latest reply

I drove Don Cherry to the Joe Louis Arena

Had the following come into my restaurant>

George Chuvalo
Johnny Bauer
Borje Salming
Brian Glennie
Red Kelley
Paul Henderson

Had a beer with
Daryl Sittler
Steve Eisermann

Got screamed at golf tournament by Jim Mcmahon

Practiced on putting green with

Craig Nettles
Bobby Mercer

No famous contacts on Ebay I am afraid
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

My personal favourite was not famous.

I sold a 1950s S&M sm ut paperback to the son of the author, who was trying to find all of Daddy's works.

Which was touching... but might have been Bad Touch.

Ena Sharples (Violet Carson) -- I sorta look like her - except that my hair is usually pink.
Message 15 of 19
latest reply

Ena's could have been pink, too, under that hairnet.
Message 16 of 19
latest reply

i sold a scrabble board to kobyashi (the hot dog eating champion) thats about it for me!
Message 17 of 19
latest reply

On eBay, most famous person I ever sold to was Annie Potter, who is a world renowned crochet designer...definitely the most famous in the US.

Off eBay, I've met a lot of somewhat known people, mostly hockey players, in part because I lived next to one and also because I was a party girl that hung out in the bars in my youth. The most famous person I have ever bumped into was Wayne Gretzky, but I also met Rocket Richard, Guy Lafleur, Larry Robertson and at least a dozen or two more NHL'ers...even danced a slow with Stephane Richer...lol! When I was a kid, I crashed a moped into Wally Buono's car (he was coaching the MTL Alouettes at the time). Jerry Mercer (April Wine) was at my high school re-union this summer and in my youth I met Telly Savalas and his brother. That's all I can think of for now.
Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Wow, this one was a surprise !

Hal Steinbrenner, yes, son of George, bought an Eagles concert shirt today. Mailing address was Legends Field in Tampa, home of the Yankess spring training complex.

Better not say i am a Minnesota Twins fan.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply