Expanded seller protection on PayPal for Canadian PowerSellers

ebayharrigan@paypal.com
Community Member
Expanded seller protection now available to PowerSellers in Canada

I’m happy to announce that effective today, expanded seller protection is now available as an exclusive offer to eBay PowerSellers in the United States and Canada. The planned launch for expanded seller protection in the United Kingdom and Hong Kong is next week.

What is expanded seller protection? For those of you who many not be aware, expanded seller protection provides PowerSellers with protection against fraudulent payments and item-non-received claims, chargebacks and reversals in 190 markets worldwide on eligible eBay transactions.

With this new level of protection, sellers who enroll will continue to be protected against fraudulent payments and item not received claims and chargebacks with the following improvements:

* No more confirmed address. Merchants can ship to whichever address the buyer provides them through PayPal whether it is confirmed or not.

* No more coverage limit. The coverage payout limit under the Seller Protection Policy is $5,000 per year. Expanded seller protection has no limit.

* Coverage in more places around the world.
Coverage is now extended to the 190 markets supported by PayPal, so merchants can ship to customers wherever they are.

Remember to enroll. Expanded seller protection from PayPal is free and there’s no annual coverage cap. Enrollment is required and takes only moments. To learn more, visit the PayPal Security Center.

Expanded seller protection is available to registered eBay PowerSellers whose country of residenc...

http://www.paypal.com/expandedsellerprotection and click on the Enroll now button.

We regret any confusion or frustration resulting from the delay in the launch of expanded seller protection. We are confident, however, that you will find the wait well worth it and look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you for your continued business!

Sarah Livnat, PayPal Risk Managment
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

bare_bright
Community Member
I Don't know it's been a while back now since I enrolled in the program, Maybye they put it on hold, who knows

ok I just searched my Gmail for it, here is a copy and paste of the email I was sent after enrollment

Dear Tibor Jr XXXXXXXX,

We're glad to have you as a member.

Now that you've enrolled for expanded seller protection, you have more protection against chargebacks, reversals, and claims resulting from unauthorized payments and merchandise not received.

To make sure your transactions are eligible for coverage, always ship to the buyer's address listed on the transaction details page, and follow the guidelines for expanded seller protection.

If you have questions about expanded seller protection, please go to the PayPal Security Center or contact PayPal Customer Service.

Sincerely,
PayPal

That's what they sent me after I filled out there online form
T.J.
Message 21 of 23
latest reply

bare_bright
Community Member
Here is a Link to Apply, This is the one I was sent

https://www.paypal.com/ExpandedSellerProtection

Hope this helps you

Thanks
Tibor

:)
T.J.
Message 22 of 23
latest reply

tokengamer
Community Member
thanks Tibor but when i click on "enroll now" i end up at my paypal my account page. there is nothing further to follow to enroll.

does this program even work? has anyone experienced an attempted claim that ebay sided against the buyer?
Message 23 of 23
latest reply