Help with a Paypal dispute

phoenix_top_drawer
Community Member
Hello all,

I need your sage help and advice yet again.

We attempted to pay for gas tonight using our Paypal debit card. It was declined. So we used an alternate form of payment-cash (go figure) When we returned home, we read an e-mail from paypal to tell us that a dispute had been filed. We then checked our account to discover that sure enough, a decent size chunk of money had been withdrawn to cover the disputed amount. My question(s) is/are- What's the best way to proceed? The case will be a little complicated because it has to do with a shipping problem.
Does Paypal freeze the account or just the disputed amount?
Do they still accept payments while the dispute is adjudicated?
How can we talk to a human to try to figure this out?
The purchaser in this situation is a fair minded person. I have no complaints there. I am however worried about the process.

Thanks

Brad

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

A recent class action lawsuit found Paypal at fault for freezing entire accounts during a dispute, so I doubt if they will do that now - the should hold funds only on the disputed amount. Payments will continue to be accepted with no problem (this is Paypal, LOL)

Try the Paypal board - they will have lots of good advice and telephone contact numbers. Good luck with this!

Ann
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

phoenix_top_drawer
Community Member
Ann,

Thanks for your informationadvice. I will check the Paypal board. I'm sure this is old hat to some people, but it's an education for us.

Brad
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

rd1000
Community Member
this number should work.

(888) 221-1161

they dont like to advertise it

good luck
Message 4 of 4
latest reply