Hi"   i  am from Canada.I won a sports card auction in th...

sync750
Community Member

Hi"   i  am from Canada.I won a sports card auction in the USA. .This is the auction description          [ 271319220597)  

You get them all great lot. 21 cards all come in top loaders in bubble envelope. The cards are . # 210 Erik karlsson     #203. Matt duchene.    # 207 James van riemsdyk.  # 225. Antti neimi.   # 205 evander Kane.  # 237. Benn Ferreira. # 445 mikael backlund.   # 238 teemu laakso   #239 jhonas enroth.  #242 kris chucko.  # 219 spencer marchacek. # 226 Byron blitz.  # 220 yannick weber  # 224 peter regin.    # 232 grant Lewis.  # 245 matt pelech.  # 495 Mario bliznak.  # 227 john negrin     # 243. James wright.  # 244 Joel rechlicz.   # 232 grant Lewis. Exclusives serial numbered 10/100.   Great set builders lot. Cards are all pack pulled non smoking home and pet free. The shipping is 3.00 us and 3.75 to canada. Cards are shipped in bubble envelope with care. PayPal only within 3 days email me any question thanks for looking

My winning bid was.$ 30.99 US.     But the it also says  

Shipping:
US $13.20 (approx. C $13.76) International Priority Shippingto Canada    and 
Import charges:
US $7.80 (estimated and based on current bid)   This amounts to  $ 51.99  US   I have been in contact several times with the seller and he is great to work with, His final price for the auction plus shipping is  $ 34.74     Thats is $ 30.99  plus   $ 3.75  shipping 

How can i pay the correct amount  to the seller when the pay now total keeps coming up  $ 51.99.  we are both trying to fix this  any gelp would be great.  Thank you    SYNC750

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Only the seller can revise the invoice but the listing clearly shows $13.20 for shipping. Don't forget you are in Canada. It will cost more than $3 to ship from the US plus the seller is using the Global Shipping Program (that is why you see the $7.80 import fee). You will have to pay an import fee whether or not the seller uses the GSP because the total sale is over $20 except with the GSP is it higher.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

You will have to pay an import fee whether or not the seller uses the GSP because the total sale is over $20 except with the GSP is it higher.

When a US seller ships by USPS/Canada Post, parcels valued over $20 often slip through without customs and tax being charged. When they do slip through, Canada Post does not charge its "service fee" of $9.95.

The new Global Shipping Program is run by a courier, Pitney Bowes. They ALWAYS collect and remit the appropriate duty (were the cards printed in the USA or in Hong Kong?) sales tax (between 5% and 15% depending on your province) and a service /brokerage fee of $5 or so. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply