How do I advise eBay about a seller selling pirated software?

I ordered and paid for Microsoft Office 2010, however the computer I wanted to install the software on was out for repairs, after 45 days I got the computer back and attempted to install the Office product.  It became clear very quickly that the software I bought was either pre-used and dressed up to look new or was simply pirated.  I can't use the Resolution center because the tranaction is over 45 days old.  I want to simply advise eBay that a certain seller is distributing pirated software.

Ron

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@ronald2664 wrote:

I ordered and paid for Microsoft Office 2010, however the computer I wanted to install the software on was out for repairs, after 45 days I got the computer back and attempted to install the Office product.  It became clear very quickly that the software I bought was either pre-used and dressed up to look new or was simply pirated.  I can't use the Resolution center because the tranaction is over 45 days old.  I want to simply advise eBay that a certain seller is distributing pirated software.

Ron

Hi Ron,

Not sure we can offer financial assistance on this matter, but please drop me an email to see what can be done. If you're able to include the item number and as much detail as possible, would be great.

Thanks,

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

New Sealed Microsoft Office Professional Pro 2010 Full Version For Win 32/64 bit ( item: 271260676346 transaction: 1160633797017 )

The above is cut and paste right out of the eBay notification. The container was a different type of plastic than I normally see Microsoft products in, the brochure inside looked as if it was printed at home, the license label on the inside was not in bright colors, in any event I typed in the licence number after I installed the software, the Microsoft DVD looked genuine, perhaps previously used. However no matter how many times I typed in the licence number it would not accept it. I checked the licence number in the DVD using Belarc and it was a completley differnet number then what was on the licence sticker. I typed in that number that the Belarc produced and it accepted it but the registration process would not complete. Perhaps the software registration permissions were completely used up previously. I sent the seller a message on eBay message, he never responded

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Have you actually sent a message directly to Kalvin about this?  This is what he wants, not another post on the discussion board.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply