How do I get certification for an item that did not come with a COA? Thanks.

geraldinecoins4sale
Community Member

I did see somewhere on ebay that I could have an item certified for a price.  I do not know where to find that link.  Can somebody help me with this?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

scifan57
Community Member
Some items can only be certified at the time they're created, such as game used pucks, balls, uniforms, etc. Some, such as autographed items can be certified later, but would need authentication by a recognized expert. If you do a search for authentication services you should be able to find one that can help you.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

There are two questions here.

Did the seller say there would be a Certificate of Authenticity? If so, if he cannot supply it, you can return the item with Delivery Confirmation for a full refund either from the seller or from Paypal.

If no CoA was promised, you can use the money you saved to buy a certificate, within the criteria described by sciguy.

Some certificates are more useful than others. For example, if you were getting a stamp certified, the American Philatelic Society or the Vincent Graves Greene Foundation, or Sergio Sismondo all provide respected certificates. On the other hand, there is a Canadian "certifier' who will not only certify your stamp has its original gum, but will also add the orginal gum for you. Not as useful a certificate.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply