How do I open a Second Ebay Store? any advise

bare_bright
Community Member
Hi All

I need some help here:)

At the moment I sell Mostly Buckles & Pins, Wallets and

I will be starting to sell Woodworking tools now That I am a authorized dealer,

My Question is am I able to open a second Store on ebay since the 2 diff. kind of items are day and night, I could just kill all my listings now etc. But I have a lot
of stock b4 I can do that.

is one allowed to have 2 ebay stores? I have a second ebay name but my score is like 0 on that name lol

any advise?

Thanks
T.J.
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

You can have another eBay store under a second ID but must meet the qualifications. Can't remember what they are but "0 FB" is certainly not one of them.

Just buy a few dozen coins or stamps for a buck each from different sellers, leave FB as soon as possible and beg for immediate reciprocal FB; that should get your FB up there in no time LOL! I think "Pierre" would be most happy to help 😉

Xena
Message 2 of 23
latest reply

ameroindustries
Community Member
im selling stamps for 0.01 no reserve with free shipping if you need one LOL 😄
Message 3 of 23
latest reply

bare_bright
Community Member
Stamps at 0.01 cent and free ship WoW

A IDEAL ebayer!

Cost you more to List lol

Well I guess I Could do like XEALOOK says and sell my Buckles with the new user name & use my existing name and sell my Tools under that profile, Guess I should also
rename rockeb220 to something more in that line RouterBit
w.e

ok Thanks 🙂
T.J.
Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Stamps at 0.01 cent and free ship WoW

Look at his completed items, he is truly doing this.

Good thinking central. Anybody with low DSRs should follow the example.
Message 5 of 23
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
Am I the only one who has read the following eBay policy:

Feedback Manipulation:
"Feedback left or received, including detailed seller ratings (DSRs), where the feedback’s primary value is to artificially enhance a member’s reputation rather than provide commentary and ratings on genuine transactional experience is not permitted...
......Some Examples
-It is a violation to exchange Feedback for the sole purpose of increasing your Feedback score to obtain site privileges or enhance your reputation. This most frequently occurs when a person purchases very low priced items, but may include other types of transactions as well.
-It is a violation to exchange feedback for the sole purpose of increasing your feedback score to obtain site privileges or enhance your reputation. This most frequently occurs when a person purchases low priced, non-physical items, but may include other types of transactions as well."

Anyone (xenalook ?) care to comment?
Message 6 of 23
latest reply

bare_bright
Community Member
Geez this all stated from a 1 cent Stamp, ouch
T.J.
Message 7 of 23
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
rockyeb220- you are not the problem here.
It's all those 'so called helpful people' here who have never taken the time- or worse yet... have- and could not care less about eBay rules.

That's the BIG ouch!

My worst experiences as a buyer have always been with POWER SELLERS- and looking in this 'behind the scenes' goings on here on the discussion board, this only confirms my belief on just how far some of these POWER sellers will go to break, bend, or totally ignore the rules.
All the while complaining how these exact same 'ignored' RULES adversely affect them.

There are a WHOLE LOT of honest sellers out there. It would be interesting to hear how they mange to mind THEIR OWN BUSINESS- and maintain all the status they please!
Right- we don't often hear from them! They're far too busy minding THEIR OWN BUSINESS! Maybe some should look to them, rather than spending their time trying to explain to you how to BEND/BREAK the rules.
(And let's not forget the POWER SELLER who admitted that they outright lie to buyers about shipping info- if that's what makes the buyer happy....tell them what they want to hear)
Message 8 of 23
latest reply

bare_bright
Community Member
Well thats why there are all these changes on ebay
and I must say at first I didn't like all of them

but now my sales are 3 fold and I love the new rules & the UK option also is just great! well worth the 10 cents

it tweaks out the bad apples I would say
T.J.
Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Anyone (xenalook ?) care to comment?

I see that our local paralegal starts her day early:^O

I guess we have different perspectives in life. One spends time looking for what could go wrong and the other assuming that nothing could ever go wrong.

It sure makes these posts colourful. And that's how they should be; otherwise we would all be drones.

:-xXena
Message 10 of 23
latest reply

Lina, there is absolutely no violation of any feedback policy.

Auctions can start at $0.01 and eBay has no policy against selling at a loss.

This is a perfect leggit way to lift the DSRs with little investments.
Message 11 of 23
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
dipmicro- "Lina, there is absolutely no violation of any feedback policy."

I beg to differ- and await eBay to wade in on this matter.

PLEASE REread the following:
"Feedback Manipulation:
"Feedback left or received, including detailed seller ratings (DSRs), where the feedback’s primary value is to artificially enhance a member’s reputation rather than provide commentary and ratings on genuine transactional experience is not permitted...
......Some Examples
-It is a violation to exchange Feedback for the sole purpose of increasing your Feedback score to obtain site privileges or enhance your reputation. This most frequently occurs when a person purchases very low priced items, but may include other types of transactions as well.
-It is a violation to exchange feedback for the sole purpose of increasing your feedback score to obtain site privileges or enhance your reputation. This most frequently occurs when a person purchases low priced, non-physical items, but may include other types of transactions as well."

So, dipmicro please try and reconcile the above policy with following advice from xenalook "Just buy a few dozen coins or stamps for a buck each from different sellers, leave FB as soon as possible and beg for immediate reciprocal FB; that should get your FB up there in no time LOL! I think "Pierre" would be most happy to help"
Message 12 of 23
latest reply

Lina, I fail to see any violation in those posts regardless on how many times you paste them.
Message 13 of 23
latest reply

dipmicro, were you not upset when eBay banned fixed price listings starting under a Dollar? It's jokers like centralmetal which will surely lead to banning 1 cent auctions.

The bulk of the changes that many users are upset with are directly a result of the actions of sellers who act in an unethical manner in order to get around eBay policies. Sellers who will use sleazy methods against eBay policies or at least the intent of said policies are the same sellers who will treat buyers in a similar fashion.

Good riddance to all of them!

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 14 of 23
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
ONE CENT auctions should have been eliminated years ago.
Most were then, and so many are now, simply a mechanism to shift the real costs to S/H.
The again, as eBay moves to an ALL PAYPAL model- they will get their percentage one way, or another. So who's kidding who?
eBay still wins with these LOW end auctions.
Let's not forget the PER SALE PayPal fees- these drive up the REAL PERCENTAGE paid.
Message 15 of 23
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
How do I open a Second Ebay Store? any advise....

Close the store you have. Start all auctions at 99 cents. I went to that model in March and sell throughs as well as final prices are extremely higher than when I used a store.

Last 432 items: 412 sold 20 unsold Average item price when I used Store Format was $11.00. Now the average item price I get is $13.70.

My listing fees are way down, less than 50% of what I used to pay.

Close your store, it's a dead dog!!
Message 16 of 23
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
A low exposure rip off that Ebay no longer supports but are happy to still take money for.
Message 17 of 23
latest reply

bare_bright
Community Member
WoW tea_past_times That's impressive sales!

on the Buckle side it's like 60/40 40% sell

Not to sure of the 99 cent listings for 30$ and up Woodworking tools since I know in the past many of my items sold at a loss, Mind you I sold a Dozen new Cameras
and they were at 99 cents and sold well, Most likely it depends on demand

When I do start the new Product line next month I will have to test the ground, The items I am going to sell I could only find a handful of other sellers and there sales look good in there Feedback

Thanks for the advise
:)
T.J.
Message 18 of 23
latest reply

The bulk of the changes that many users are upset with are directly a result of the actions of sellers who act in an unethical manner in order to get around eBay policies.

recped, unethical does not mean policy violating. Lina said violation, I say no violation.

Regarding ethicality ... I find many non-eBay business methods quite unethical these days. Spam, unsolicited marketing calls, false trip winnings, hidden fees, fineprint, pushy door-to-door salesmen, preaproved credit cards in mail, etc. etc.
Message 19 of 23
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
dipmicro- your use of "UNETHICAL" to describe activities which are NOT LEGAL may be a bit too generous.

Canada has LAWS- and these may be VIOLATED.
Ethics- like one lawyer once told me- are something you leave at the door when you go to work. All that matters is upholding the law.

With respect to to your concern about false trip winnings

Competition Act ( R.S., 1985, c. C-34 )

Deceptive telemarketing
Required disclosures
(2) No person shall engage in telemarketing unless

(a) disclosure is made, in a fair and reasonable manner at the beginning of each telephone communication, of the identity of the person on behalf of whom the communication is made, the nature of the product or business interest being promoted and the purposes of the communication;

(b) disclosure is made, in a fair, reasonable and timely manner, of the price of any product whose supply or use is being promoted and any material restrictions, terms or conditions applicable to its delivery; and

(c) disclosure is made, in a fair, reasonable and timely manner, of such other information in relation to the product as may be prescribed by the regulations.

(3) No person who engages in telemarketing shall

(a) make a representation that is false or misleading in a material respect;

(b) conduct or purport to conduct a contest, lottery or game of chance, skill or mixed chance and skill, where

(i) the delivery of a prize or other benefit to a participant in the contest, lottery or game is, or is represented to be, conditional on the prior payment of any amount by the participant, or

---
("pushy door-to-door salesmen" are mostly a provincial concern.)
Message 20 of 23
latest reply