I give up.

Dear Ebay,

How can you side with a buyer who has sent me an email saying that they don't like the item and wants to return it?

How do you side with the same buyer who opens a return case saying it doesn't fit and then closes it?

How do you side with this buyer who then opens an Item Not As described and says its not the same as the item pictured?

I am not here to rent things out to dishonest buyers, that is why I have a merchandise credit return policy but that doesn't matter to eBay.

I'm sick of dishonest buyers who don't pay or use the item and then return it.

What the hell is wrong with eBay that they can't come up with proper checks and balances that are fair to ALL their customers?

Then you have the nerve to lecture me about how to create a proper listing. Why bother, eBay doesn't check the listing or the email correspondence that the buyer sends stating they don't like it and want to return it.

You have the nerve to say that situations like these are few and far between. Are you joking? I've had three in the last 30 days, non paying bidders and the rental crowd.

You monitor return cases? Please....this buyer wouldn't be on eBay if you did. This isn't her first rodeo as she admits in her email which you don't bother to read.

Spending way to much time stressing about returns and whether a sale will remain a sale and not be returned by someone who knows how to play lets rip off the seller.

Been on eBay for 15 years as a buyer and a seller but lately it isn't worth the hassle. As a buyer your Global Shipping Program has made me look to private web sites and Chinese sellers rather than American sellers and now your anti-seller attitude will mean I'll pull all my high end items and look elsewhere to sell.

Oh, and you might want to train your reps so they understand what a merchandise credit means since it is in YOUR return policies.

Sincerely

Judithsjewellry

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I give up.

I share your frustration as I am sure most do. Unfortunately this is a buyers site. Ebay will side with buyers at all cost. Obviously they have determined that the buyer is more crucial to the well being of Ebay than the sellers. We sellers are expendable. We sellers are discriminated against. I hope one day this choice of action will blow up in their face.

I have just recently had a buyer return garbage instead of my $300 jersey. Even though I opened an appeal, Ebay did not allow me to present any evidence or statement  and sided with the buyer. How much worse can it get, Ebay will find a way.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I give up.

I feel for you. I can't imagine what clothing sellers must be going through. Getting an item back that has clearly be worn and now can't be sold as new or so badly damaged it's garbage. Makes me shudder.

Ebay is a multi-million dollar company, can't they come up with something equitable for all?

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I give up.

just started selling, but had a question: 

what percentage of clothing sales end up as wear-once returns?

what percentage of customers try to pull a fast one?  

am wondering so i can account for this as i start selling more.

thanks for your time. 

- jonathan

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I give up.

I don't think that anyone here can answer your questions as in many cases there is no way to know for sure if the buyer used or wore an item before returning it or if they are trying to 'pull a fast one' in some other way. I think that most buyers are honest but since sellers don't tend to come here to write about their good buyers, we hear more about the bad ones. 

Some categories such as cell phones may have a higher risk rate than other categories.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I give up.

Ebay is a multi-million dollar company, can't they come up with something equitable for all?

THEY HAVE! Its equitable for all, You just have to  ask everyone at Pay Pal and Ebay. They will tell you. Its equitable for all.

You have to care to come up with something and Ebay has demonstrated over and over again that they don't care about sellers and you have to accept it or get out.

Oh does anyone know when the next free listing are coming up. goodie , goodie

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I give up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Me too, I am waiting for the free listing promo!!  It seems to be more far and less than last year.  I missed when we got so many free listings promo back to back last year that kept us on our toes.  It was huge success for us.  Hope it will come soon.  LOL.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I give up.

The percentage of cheating is very low.

It may be a bit higher on eBay because eBay promotes its Buyer Protection program, and some crooks have learned how to play it.

However, the cost of returning an unwanted item (whether the return is justifiable by the seller or not) using confirmation of delivery, discourages most.

FWIW, my sister was shocked that her future mother-in-law ordered a new living room suite to have when she held a wedding shower and returned it the next day. My sister has been married now for 57 years (November 1958) so this is not something new.

As a new seller, you should protect yourself.

Build feedback, to cover your inexperience, by buying.

Keep your Terms of Sale simple and friendly.

Use tracking on expensive items and Cookie Jar Insurance (self-insurance ) on other items.

Every retailer has shoplifters. Our B&M lost thousands of dollars over the years. I once had a guy grab a book with $3500 in postage off my counter, while my back was turned and make it out the door before I noticed. Just do your best to discourage them.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I give up.

I give up.

So what. Do you have nothing better to do than troll the boards looking for posts on another site? Sheesh

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I give up.

More views .....  more discussion..... more interest ...  in what was happening on eBay

Message 11 of 11
latest reply