I paid for the item and recieved response that item won't be shipped bacause it was misplaced.

What to do when you recieve response that item won't be shipped because it was misplaced.

Clearly it was a great buy and i think seller doesn't want to sell the item for what i paid for.

I was the only bidder.

What can i do?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: I paid for the item and recieved response that item won't be shipped bacause it was misplaced.

"What can i do?"

If you have already paid for the item, ask the seller for an immediate refund. 

"i think seller doesn't want to sell the item for what i paid for."

Suspicion maybe but not factual - at this time.

Do nothing for now.  Do not leave feedback at this point but keep track of what the seller lists over the next eight weeks.

You have sixty days from day of purchase to leave feedback.  If you see the same item relisted by seller, contact him and insist the item be shipped to you for the price paid in the original auction.  If he refuses, then it is time to leave appropriate negative feedback and file a formal complaint with eBay (report seller).

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: I paid for the item and recieved response that item won't be shipped bacause it was misplaced.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the Seller had the same recourse against buyers who don't pay . I have personally misplaced items that were sold , so it's not always a scam . They usually turn up , and the transaction is completed . In addition i sell some of my items outside of E-bay , so it's hard to keep track of what listings i should cancel because the item is sold off site .

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

you are right,it's not always a scam but you can't expect a buyer to wait until the item" turns up",if you are finding it hard to keep track of your listings , may be I as a buyer would sympathise but most don't.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I've had the same problem a couple of times, once it never reappeared and once it did. I still had the original buyer's contact info and offered a private auction, but she had moved on.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply