Is it not proceedure for the seller to leave feedback for the buyer once item has been paid for?

bestdealaroundkathryn
Community Member

I have noticed with several sellers that they have not filled out the feedback and when I contacted them politely of course there response was basically once I have received my item and left "Positive" feedback for them then they will do the same. This does not seem fair. Like they are waiting to see what I leave and not rating on "quick payment".

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Is it not proceedure for the seller to leave feedback for the buyer once item has been paid for?

scifan57
Community Member
While it is recommended that sellers leave feedback for their buyers after payment has been received,there are no rules that state when feedback should be left. Some sellers leave feedback right away,some sellers leave feedback after the buyer leaves feedback,some leave feedback in batches every month or so and some never leave feedback at all. All you can do is wait and see.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: Is it not proceedure for the seller to leave feedback for the buyer once item has been paid for?

Feedback is entirely voluntary. And for buyers it is actually irrelevant except as egoboo.

All buyer feedback is positive. With the exception of a few paranoid sellers who refuse low feedback buyers (and do you really want to deal with someone like that?) the best method of determining the personality of a buyer is by looking at Retractions and at FB left for others.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

There are still sellers who believe it the Yogi-ism It ain't over 'til its over and buyer has responded. Some still do not realize that they can only leave positive.

I think seller leaving after item is shipped is the way to go but thats me.  Lots of sellers leave feedback and buyers do not reciprocate. Its voluntary folks and shouldn't matter who says thank you first.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Paying quickly does not make a person a good buyer.

Back in the day when sellers could leave negative feedback, some would leave positive feedback for their quick paying buyers only to be rewarded with negative feedback, nasty emails, complaints about everything, feedback extortion and other sordid behaviour. Many fast paying buyers have been pains in the backside so paying quick does not mean a buyer deserves positive feedback.

Now that sellers can only leave positive feedback, some don't bother to leave any or they wait to see what the leaves for them (like many used to do when buyers could get negs). They can't respond with a neg but they can opt not to leave feedback if a neg is recieved.

Recently I've been seeing buyers not leave any feedback for their sellers despite the sellers leaving positives for them.

Since feedback is not mandatory, do not worry over it.

Non paying buyers deserve unpaid item strikes.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply