Is the shipping price in a listing the actual price to ship to me (i.e. U.S. to Canada) or is it a generic price?

In the listing there was a shipping price, I decided to buy two of the items and asked the seller if they combined shipping and to send me a revised invoice.  On the revised invoice that came back the shipping cost for two items was $23.37, whereas the cost to ship just one was $5.95.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Is the shipping price in a listing the actual price to ship to me (i.e. U.S. to Canada) or is it a generic price?

The shipping price listed isn't an estimate, you shouldn't have to pay more. It sounds like they are using a more expensive mail service for shipping the two items than they were going to use for just one. Or the seller just made a mistake. I would ask them about it. If they insist that is the price than tell them you'll pay for each one separately and they can ship them separately.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

The shipping price listed isn't an estimate, you shouldn't have to pay more. It sounds like they are using a more expensive mail service for shipping the two items than they were going to use for just one. Or the seller just made a mistake. I would ask them about it. If they insist that is the price than tell them you'll pay for each one separately and they can ship them separately.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

It was the same mail service (USPS First Class Mail international), but more than twice the cost to send two.  I sent the seller as message asking them to confirm the shipping cost.  Thanks for your advice.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply