It is a good start...

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy

After three months "on vacations" I re-opened my eBay store last night.

This morning I already had a sale for $157.50

That is a good start!  Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It is a good start...

Not bad at all!

Hope you sell at least that much every day 🙂

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

It is a good start...

Good for you Pierre. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

It is a good start...

Good stuff!  

I close my store at least once a year for a "summer holiday"- every time I reopen it, I also have a burst of sales. I believe the exposure algorithm favors material from a reopened store for a short time, I think for a day or so.

I had to close my store for two days a couple weeks ago and when i reopened it, again I saw a brief burst of sales.....

Normally the stuff that is selling is "old" stuff, so closing/reopening a store is another way to get exposure for "old" stuff.

(by "close" I mean the items are hidden from buyers)

I did do an experiment a couple years ago just closing the store for a couple hours or so and reopening. At that time the effects of a very short closure weren't significant. I haven't repeated the experiment since, certainly closure for a couple days works, however at least in my world, the "burst" in sales wasn't any more than would have naturally happened in those 2 days anyway, and depending on how repeat customers search your material "0 items" isn't a great way to keep them thinking you are still in business, or it at least confuses them.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

It is a good start...

Putting a store on vacation  for a short time period ... perhaps a day.... was viewed as resulting in increased... or better sales..

Has not been mentioned for a long time now..

But it appears to still work to improve sales.... as indicated above.  

Wake up Cassini. 

There are several things one can do to influence visibility... things that cause Cassini to respond  with a better placement  of listings in search.  

Message 5 of 5
latest reply