June 8th 2016 Weekly Session

Hello everyone,

It's that time of the week again! This thread will remain open for the next 24h or so.

Open issues:

• Odd missing gallery picture in search results
  • Errors when uploading more than one tracking number at a time (repeated, erroneous numbers saved)

Updates:

• FVF on shipping charged on international sales even when there was free domestic shipping - discovery work on this issue is ongoing
  • View Order Details page showing erroneous currency conversion - confirmed as resolved.
  • Selling limits live items count discrepancy - We are investigating further.
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinationsstill no update from PayPal and Pitney Bowes
  • Combined shipping offers not shown to international buyers - ticket open

If anything is missing, please let me know. Thanks!

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

I still can't access over 2000 of my items to migrate. Last week you said it would be fixed that day but a week has gone by and time is running out.. 

Message 2 of 50
latest reply

@bunbar wrote:

I still can't access over 2000 of my items to migrate. Last week you said it would be fixed that day but a week has gone by and time is running out.. 

Hi bunbar,

We did fix a bunch of things last week. May I ask for more details? What happens when you log into the tool? Are those 2000 listings just not visible in the tool, or are they "unselectable" etc.? Also, what browser are you using? please include the version. Lastly, may I ask that you clear your cache and cookies and restart the browser before trying again?

Thank you in advance!

Message 3 of 50
latest reply

They are all visible just no box to click on. Other items (which I don't need anymore) have 3 or for boxes to click for the same item.  I have checked on google chrome and explorer and I have cleared my cache and cookies

Message 4 of 50
latest reply

They are all visible just no box to click on. Other items (which I don't need anymore) have 3 or for boxes to click for the same item.  I have checked on google chrome and explorer and I have cleared my cache and cookies

Message 5 of 50
latest reply

Every single time I load the tool it NEVER shows my exact active listing count. The closest it gets is 6-11 more active listings than I actually have or thousands less. If I refresh it shows maybe 200 active listings. My current active inventory count is hovering at approx. 5000 listings. How am I suppose to get this done with the time frame provided. Is someone at ebay going to sift through 5000 listings and let me know which 6-11 listings are not actually active?

Message 6 of 50
latest reply

izzame
Community Member

RE: Up coming possible postal strike which ultimately will effect all of Canada. Last week this was asked and you replied:

"

We do have protocols for such things. A good example is the postal disruption currently happening in and around Fort McMurray. We worked with the Standards team to define the areas (postal codes) and timeline involved, so we can proactively remove any defects caused by the wild fires still raging there.

Similarly, we have engaged with the Standards team to give them a heads up on the possible upcoming Canada Post labour disruption will put a protection plan in place to cover the affected sellers adequately. The exact details of what this entails are still TBD, but should resemble what I described for Fort McMurray above."

When are these "exact details" going to be shared with the Canadian sellers, hopefully before not during? Since it will sooner or later (rotating strikes) effect everyone I don't see how your postal code plan can work ..... a whole country vs one city.  A rotating eg. say Sudbury, Kingston, Ottawa are having a turn at rotating strike but the other postal outlets are open, the mail still isn't going very far as the main hubs will be shut, picket lines ect. nothing will be going in or out of gateway (main hub)
So, please what is the EXACT plan or like the great tool you have for sellers, under repair, don't know what we are doing??

Message 7 of 50
latest reply

izzame
Community Member
Please add to your to do list update sellers re postal strike plans.
Message 8 of 50
latest reply

@bunbar wrote:

Thank you for the details. I'm curious what 3 check boxes for the same item looks like, could you post a screen shot?

In the meantime I have added your case to my list of issues with the migration tool. We will remedy asap.

Message 9 of 50
latest reply

@merritt-motorcycle-salvage wrote:

Every single time I load the tool it NEVER shows my exact active listing count. The closest it gets is 6-11 more active listings than I actually have or thousands less. If I refresh it shows maybe 200 active listings. My current active inventory count is hovering at approx. 5000 listings. How am I suppose to get this done with the time frame provided. Is someone at ebay going to sift through 5000 listings and let me know which 6-11 listings are not actually active?

Hi merritt-motorcycle-salvage,

When you refresh, the tool re-pulls your list of non-complaint listings from scratch. Given that you have a large amount of listings, that pull takes time. This isn't due to any issues with the tool, it's a limitation coming from the eBay API which the tool uses to pull your listings. When we first launched the tool, it wold make you wait until the full list was loaded before showing you any listings. Now, it shows you the listings as they are ready, so you can start working right away. If you refresh the web page (not the Refresh function on the tool), you should se your numbers adjust.

With that said, I've added you to my list of tool issues so that the developer can check the database for errors in your items pull and/or processing. I'll let you know whether we find anything.

Message 10 of 50
latest reply

@izzame wrote:

RE: Up coming possible postal strike which ultimately will effect all of Canada. Last week this was asked and you replied:

"

We do have protocols for such things. A good example is the postal disruption currently happening in and around Fort McMurray. We worked with the Standards team to define the areas (postal codes) and timeline involved, so we can proactively remove any defects caused by the wild fires still raging there.

Similarly, we have engaged with the Standards team to give them a heads up on the possible upcoming Canada Post labour disruption will put a protection plan in place to cover the affected sellers adequately. The exact details of what this entails are still TBD, but should resemble what I described for Fort McMurray above."

When are these "exact details" going to be shared with the Canadian sellers, hopefully before not during? Since it will sooner or later (rotating strikes) effect everyone I don't see how your postal code plan can work ..... a whole country vs one city.  A rotating eg. say Sudbury, Kingston, Ottawa are having a turn at rotating strike but the other postal outlets are open, the mail still isn't going very far as the main hubs will be shut, picket lines ect. nothing will be going in or out of gateway (main hub)
So, please what is the EXACT plan or like the great tool you have for sellers, under repair, don't know what we are doing??

@izzame wrote:
Please add to your to do list update sellers re postal strike plans.

Hello izzame,

The plan hasn't been fully defined yet. Yes, we will announce in time. The protections will include coverage against defects caused by the strike, nationwide if need be, along with other measures that I can't get into now. We will be looking to protect both Canadian sellers who can't ship their goods as well as foreign sellers whose items can't get to their destination.

I appreciate that many are feeling stressed by the impending postal disruption, with reason. Please know that we are appropriately diligent in our preparation for this, with regular discussions to ensure we cover all bases for our members.

The list I provide in these sessions is a list of issues I'm tracking, it is not a to-do list. This task will not be added to it. Thanks for understanding.

Message 11 of 50
latest reply

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@merritt-motorcycle-salvage wrote:

Hi merritt-motorcycle-salvage,

When you refresh, the tool re-pulls your list of non-complaint listings from scratch. Given that you have a large amount of listings, that pull takes time. This isn't due to any issues with the tool, it's a limitation coming from the eBay API which the tool uses to pull your listings. When we first launched the tool, it wold make you wait until the full list was loaded before showing you any listings. Now, it shows you the listings as they are ready, so you can start working right away. If you refresh the web page (not the Refresh function on the tool), you should se your numbers adjust.

With that said, I've added you to my list of tool issues so that the developer can check the database for errors in your items pull and/or processing. I'll let you know whether we find anything.

Refreshing the page reloads "ALL" when "ACTIVE" is selected. Using the tool refresh leaves me with 200 listings. Starting the tool leaves me with an in accurate number.  I am doing my best to be calm and collective but its not possible, but it is quite clear why I and every other frustrated seller on here is blowing their lids. The good til cancel time frame MUST be extended to compensate sellers for the that lack of functionality of the Migration Tool.

Message 12 of 50
latest reply

Hello there,
We have 2414 listings active in our account.
I used to have 1941 listings in the migration tool (not sure why not all 2414 were there?), and for the last week, I only have 1386. 
I have tried checking on 3 different computers, I've tried google chrome and internet explorer, refreshing the page as you suggested and nothing brings more than 1386. 
Could you please assist, we really would like to get this done before summer.

I also tried to use the import feature, the listing did import, however after i clicked move to ebay.com it never went to my drafts.

Please let me know how the tool can be corrected,
Shelly
 here are some examples of items that aren't in the tool that i need to transfer still: 150656068954, 150656070172, 390128756010

Thanks so much
Message 13 of 50
latest reply

Thank you for your response. My concern is that ebay doesn't really understand the potential impact that this may have. As sellers many are making their own plans, such as using the time to revamp our stores/listings etc. Another of my concerns is if I close my store solely because of a postal strike or end all of my listings am I going to get strikes for ending the listings, when I start up again were am I going to fall on the ebay search engine ie no sales, no constant listings?

Side note of how real this is, my brother in law who is a Canada Post driver ( picks up mail at postal outlets takes to hub) just finished planning a 3 week vacation, out of province for the strike time. Like I said the postal outlet may be open but the mail isn't necessarily going anywhere.

If there is a "last hour resolve" then we're all good but "failing to plan, is planning to fail"

Message 14 of 50
latest reply

Here is the 3 of the same all listed from different times which has already migrated

screen 4.JPG

Message 15 of 50
latest reply

This is what I see when I want to migrate some items, the ones I need are not available to click on

screen 5.JPG

Message 16 of 50
latest reply

is there another way of getting in touch with you if we have issues during the week with the migration tool? 

I've tried emailing and sending a message but haven't received a response with either.

Message 17 of 50
latest reply

Could it be that ebay's recommendation to Canadian sellers will be to continue listing and selling as normal?

With plans for some protection for sellers who get caught up in the strike's fallout?

Message 18 of 50
latest reply

@nosejewels wrote:

Hello there,
We have 2414 listings active in our account.
I used to have 1941 listings in the migration tool (not sure why not all 2414 were there?), and for the last week, I only have 1386. 
I have tried checking on 3 different computers, I've tried google chrome and internet explorer, refreshing the page as you suggested and nothing brings more than 1386. 
Could you please assist, we really would like to get this done before summer.

I also tried to use the import feature, the listing did import, however after i clicked move to ebay.com it never went to my drafts.

Please let me know how the tool can be corrected,
Shelly
 here are some examples of items that aren't in the tool that i need to transfer still: 150656068954, 150656070172, 390128756010

Thanks so much

Hi nosejewels,

Thanks for including item numbers. I have sent your case to the developer and we will troubleshoot & remedy.

Message 19 of 50
latest reply

@izzame wrote:

Thank you for your response. My concern is that ebay doesn't really understand the potential impact that this may have. As sellers many are making their own plans, such as using the time to revamp our stores/listings etc. Another of my concerns is if I close my store solely because of a postal strike or end all of my listings am I going to get strikes for ending the listings, when I start up again were am I going to fall on the ebay search engine ie no sales, no constant listings?

Side note of how real this is, my brother in law who is a Canada Post driver ( picks up mail at postal outlets takes to hub) just finished planning a 3 week vacation, out of province for the strike time. Like I said the postal outlet may be open but the mail isn't necessarily going anywhere.

If there is a "last hour resolve" then we're all good but "failing to plan, is planning to fail"

There are threads where other members are actively discussing their plans on how-to handle the potential postal service disruption. Since I do a respectable amount of Local Pickup, shutting down for me is not a good fit. I plan to alter my shipment methods and extend my handling time. Others will close completely. You may find it worthwhile to read through this thread: http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Possible-Canada-Postal-strike-this-summer-2016-CBC-report...

I too am interested to hear whether ebay Canada will have an active set of recommendations for sellers as to how to handle it. 

Message 20 of 50
latest reply