List all of my Ads on Ebay.ca

I started out listing my ads on ebay.ca but it seems as of late some of my ads have been listed through ebay.com. I have 150 active ads now showing on .com but I would like them all moved and listed under .ca for reasons such as pricing and shipping (Canada Post)

Is it possible to move these active ads?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: List all of my Ads on Ebay.ca

The short answer is no. At least I don't think so. Most likely have to relist, as a new listing on .ca. I may be wrong so best to wait until someone else chimes in.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

but it seems as of late some of my ads have been listed through ebay.com.

By whom?

If you have an employee listing for you, he needs more training. The first thing to do is to set your bookmark for the dotCA site and tell the lister that if the shipping is not showing the Canada Post services, he has to stop and redo the entire listing, because he has slid over to the US site.

However, if what you mean is that your listings are showing on dotCOM, all that means is that they were listed in US dollars and show the costs for shipping there. Since the US has the world's largest economy, this is not exactly a bad thing. 

However, I switched from listing on dotCOM to dotCA a couple of years ago when they brought in the stupid media shipping cap. Every single listing (over 1500) had to be closed on dotCOM, rescanned, and relisted on dotCA. However, this ending up being profitable, since it did not affect overall sales (International sales went up, actually) and I was covering the actual cost of shipping.

Since my items were running for 30 days, I could do a batch every day as they ended, and within a couple of months I was switched over.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hi "stickerfool" -  Sorry, I may be missing something, but as a Canadian seller listing on eBay.ca (particularly if you have a store) your listings are also automatically listed on eBay.com - that should be an advantage.  Are you certain you composed them on the dot.CA site?

I've always listed on dotCA, although no longer in $Cdn, but I often check my listings as if I were a U.S. buyer on dotCOM. to see how they look.  When I used to list in $Cdn, the price would convert to $US on the dotCOM site, now of course it's the reverse, but all the details, photos, etc. are the same. 

In other words, I thought dual listing was conferred on Canadian sellers by eBay whenever a listing was composed on dotCA -- it's been that way as long as I've been selling on eBay.ca.  As "femmefan" states, you do have to be certain when you're composing the listing that you stay on the dotCA site. 

Are you saying some of your listings on dotCA disappeared completely and ended up on the dotCOM site?  Or that you thought you were listing on dotCA, but they only showed up on dotCOM?  Femmefan is correct that if you made a mistake in where you listed, you'll have to end each listing and re-do it on the dotCA site.  I have to say that this is one advantage of using an auction management site - re-doing listings is a lot easier (I use Auctiva, but of course they charge $2.95/month, so it's only worthwhile if you have a larger turnover or many items of a similar type). 

If you're 100% sure you composed on dotCA and did see your listings there initially, I'd contact eBay to find out if something has gone wrong.  However, this scenario is far less likely - I think you must have accidentally jumped to the dotCom site during the listing process.

Cheers, and best of luck!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply