Need Advice - Rejected Low ball offer, now buyer wants to return previous purchase claiming fake

Hi, I really need some advice. A buyer got a necklace of mine for a really low price. I put it in a different pouch than the photo. It wasn't intentional and she is now claiming that the pouch is fake (not true its old) and the necklace ergo is fake as well. This all happened after she sent me a low ball offer on another item yesterday I countered with 30.00 more and she recountered with the original offer she made. I agreed to her return and will pay for the return shipping as well. 

If this item was fake, why would she just yesterday want to buy another item from me? I think she is just lashing out because I didn't accept her offer.  I am really scared she is going to leave me a negative saying its a fake item. I sell really high end real items. This one was from my grandmother and is really old and definitely not fake. I sent her an email really nicely explaining that I am selling older items from my granny and tried to be nice. Am I pretty much at her mercy? 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Need Advice - Rejected Low ball offer, now buyer wants to return previous purchase claiming fake

Pretty much.

But better to get the item back even if you are out postage both ways, and find a better customer for it.

And what you really don't want is to have her open a Claim, which, even if you refund promptly will hurt your selling account.

I'm unclear on 'defects'. If this seller refunds to the buyer's email, through PP without referencing eBay, will she still get a defect?

And if the buyer does leave negative feedback, you can add a calm and factual Response. 'Item returned after offer refused.' perhaps.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

She asked for the return saying "item not as described". I agreed to the refund I have no problem paying both the shipping. I just think she is going to nail me with a negative feedback as well.

Because she asked for the refund saying "not as described" will I still get a ding on my record? Thanks

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Don't forget to block them on your list, also good to have a few accounts in case one goes south, no reason to get a neg if all done with courtesy.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for the tip. I am hoping it all goes well since I gave in to all the requests. Except the selling her the necklace super cheap. The problem which I explained is that it is my sisters. She is the one who makes the decisions on how much it sells for not me. I can't force her to sell her stuff for cheap. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Because she asked for the refund saying "not as described" will I still get a ding on my record?

Yes, you will get a defect.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply