Need some input on a Negative I received

Hello People,

I figured it would be much more effective to draw from the experience of yall on this board than to try and get some input out of ebay...responses direct from them take long and never seem to be in English or from an actual human..lol!!.

I received a neg today from a bozo that won an auction from me on Dec 13th and then demanded that he have item in time for Christmas. I told him that I couldn't guarantee that and he refused to pay. I let it go, but I negged him on Dec 18th. He just negged me today and of course lied saying I told him it would take a month, which of course I never did. I never filed a non-paying bidder claim, I simply relisted the item and eventually sold it to someone else. My question is do I have any options as to getting this neg removed?...If not no big deal, I'm not worried about it, I was just curious if I did have some options. Item number is 8361825300 or just click on my feedback of course.

Thanks in advance,
Marcello
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

You can file for mutual feedback withdrawl directly with eBay.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/feedback/questions/mutual-withdrawal.html

It will only work if your "buyer" co-operates.

Don't waste time and/or money trying through Square Trade.

Too bad you didn't file a UID, if the other party does not respond you can have their feedback removed (sort of) without their co-operation.

If not no big deal, I'm not worried about it

Good attitude (seriously), it will fall off the 1st page in a few days and you already have a couple negs so ther is no perfect record to protect.

I always wonder somewhat about a seller with thousands of transactions and still at 100%.....

Ben
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Thanks for your input Ben, I greatly appreciate it. I don't think I will go for the mutual removal...not sure if he would go for it anyway and I want sellers to see his neg and like you said mine will be long gone in a few weeks.

Yes I agree I think I made a mistake not filing a non-paying bidder complaint on this one...oh well lesson learned.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
Before you file for a mutual, pull his contact info and call his home. If the phone number is invalid you can have the neg removed for false contact info.

Monique

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

scouttech-outfitters
Community Member
Now theres a fresh Idea 🙂

I will remember that one!
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

stittsville11
Community Member
So can someone expand on how you get the neg feedback from the non-paying bidder nullified. I realize it leaves the comments but the neg just doesn't count. I'm wondering because I am almost certainly going to be in the same situation soon as I have several difficult non-paying bidders at the moment (never had as many non-payers as I have the last two weeks) and I feel I need to leave a neg for at least two of them.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

rschafer
Community Member
I have found that the best solution for bidders that you feel will leave negative feedback in response to your negative feedback is.... write down the auction # and keep it in a file...you can only post feedback for 90 days from the end date. wait 89 days then look up the auction # and post feedback. By the time most people notice the negative feedback, that last day has ran out and they can't do a vindictive feedback. This way other sellers will be aware of them and they can't hurt your record.
If you do file UID and they don't respond to it, they can post feedback for you, but it won't count against you.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

By the time most people notice the negative feedback, that last day has ran out and they can't do a vindictive feedback.

That hasn't worked for a long time. Ann

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

jenzaka
Community Member
Hi:
I have a different take on this situation. You say that the buyer purchased the item and then refused to pay when he/she became aware of the time it would take to arrive. Since the buyer wanted the item in time for Christmas and you could not provide that service, I don't see a huge issue with the sale being cancelled. Theoretically, it was by mutual agreement (even though you didn't really agree) So my question is; why did you feel the need to neg him/her in the first place? Maybe the buyer was a jerk and sent you threatening letters etc. There may be more to this story, but I personally wouldn't neg a buyer simply because they cancelled a sale, especially when I couldn't (or wouldn't) give them what they wanted.
I note that you used the term "loser" in the feedback you left the buyer. Since you left feedback first, what did you expect? Obviously the buyer wasn't about to leave you glowing comments.
I'm sorry but I think the entire situation was handled badly on your part. If you are unable to get the negative removed, it will just be a live and learn experience.
Joy

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Jenzaka

Loser was in my reply, I didn't put that in my original negative...and I put that because he lied in his about the delivery time that he claims I stated...my original was left because it was the truth, he never even inquired about delivery guarantees prior to bidding and he was a total jerk about the whole thing in his emails trust me. You know, the whole guy with the 60 feedbacks (all buying not a single sale) telling everyone how they should run their business and accepting zero responsibility for the situation. He deserved a neg so I gave him one.

I started this thread to see if I had any options and I figured I'd get info faster here rather than through ebay, but as I said I really don't care about his negative, it's already off my first page and will be 10 pages deep in a few weeks, no ones really gone read it, nor will it affect my sales. I'll never back down from giving a neg to someone who deserves it for fear of getting one back...if anyone wants to operate that way that's fine, but not me, I think it's a mistake to do that.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply