New Paypal shipping label adventure

They have floated a new print label format. vastly re-arranged, light gray printing on a light gray background. Difficult for my old eyes to see.

I do not like it at all. I phoned PP and complained about it. Peggy said she was getting other complaints about it.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: New Paypal shipping label adventure

Blah, hate it.

I can't cut and paste the HSC and the form doesn't pre fill the customs info..

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

@avenueshopswapsell wrote:

Blah, hate it.

I could live with this new label  .... except for what you pointed out.  It doesn't pre-fill the customs info so I have to use my back browser which sometimes causes you to lose the label entirely.

What still ticks me off is that they no longer offer the blank label feature.  There has to be thousands of people who use PayPal for other than eBay purposes.  Why not offer the label?  They don't have to give us the discount we would otherwise get through an eBay sale or Venture One.  I'd be happy to forego the discount if I didn't have to manoeuver the Canada Post website.

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

The new label process is definitely clunky and more time consuming.  Rather than using your back browser you should be able to open another browser page to get the info needed from your listing for customs. I always have at least 2 or 3 pages open.

I wish too that we could use the site for printing other labels, it was so handy.  

Message 23 of 29
latest reply

@jt-libra wrote:

@avenueshopswapsell wrote:

Blah, hate it.

I could live with this new label  .... except for what you pointed out.  It doesn't pre-fill the customs info so I have to use my back browser which sometimes causes you to lose the label entirely.

What still ticks me off is that they no longer offer the blank label feature.  There has to be thousands of people who use PayPal for other than eBay purposes.  Why not offer the label?  They don't have to give us the discount we would otherwise get through an eBay sale or Venture One.  I'd be happy to forego the discount if I didn't have to manoeuver the Canada Post website.

I wanted to add that the last two labels I purchased through the Canada Post website printed out a higher weight than what I had entered.  I didn't think this would affect me in any way but, a few days later, additional charges of $2-$3 showed up on my credit card in addition to the original postage of $13 to $15 I had already paid.  I didn't call Canada Post about it.

I do a lot of on-line shopping and find it very convenient, but I do find it requires a lot of follow-up in terms of phone calls and e-mails -- e.g. wrong size/colour shipped, credit not posted to my credit card (or wrong amount credited); free gifts or samples not included; sale price or promotional code not applied, and on and on.  I'm talking about big corporations like Hudson's Bay, Sears, Amazon, Sephora, etc. and, although they always courteously and promptly fix the problem, it still entails a lot of phone calls.  So if I've had to make a few of them over a 2 to 3 day period, I'm not likely to call Canada Post.

Off topic, I know ...... sorry.

Message 24 of 29
latest reply

While we're on the subject of complaints about the new Paypal label format, whatever happened to the Light/Small Packet size format?  

The labels are now too large to fit into one-half of a "labelope" without cutting off the bar code at the top (I don't know whether that code has any use or meaning, but I'm reluctant to cut it off).  On the other hand, if you trim the shipping labels to leave a normal margin, they're actually a bit too small to fit well into a full labelope, so they end up floating around inside.  I've been custom-cutting my labelopes to fit the stupid labels -- how annoying! 

Small point, I know, but now I'm going through labelopes at twice the rate, and as we all know, Canada Post won't give us a year's supply at a time.  

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed that the label is more clearer and dark font than the faint one but the problem is that they remove the Suite # and "Canada" from the return address, I had to add them by writing them.  What is with PayPal?  PayPal needs to pay attention!

Message 26 of 29
latest reply

I  agree 100%.  It is a complete pain to have to type in the customs info that used to be pre-filled automatically.

Why do companies always have to replace something that works well with something that doesn't.  Smiley Sad

Message 27 of 29
latest reply

@jt-libra wrote:
I wanted to add that the last two labels I purchased through the Canada Post website printed out a higher weight than what I had entered.  I didn't think this would affect me in any way but, a few days later, additional charges of $2-$3 showed up on my credit card in addition to the original postage of $13 to $15 I had already paid.  I didn't call Canada Post about it.

Volumetric weight (L x W x D) can cause the higher weight on the label.

Formula: L x W x D in cm divided by 6000 gives volumetric weight in kg for Canada. Divide by 5000 for outside Canada. Highest of volumetric or actual weight is used for the ship charge.

--

Additional charges are someone/some-device in the mail processing system measuring the package and finding it short. The Canada Post site does mention that in the fine print that additional charges are possible.

-..-

Back on topic (reposted from the Sept 14 chat):

Printing labels through PayPal/Pitney-Bowes for Canada Post still does not include the complete return address on the label (seen for Small Packet USA and Expedited Parcel) for addresses that use both (rather than just one) local lines.

Example:

YPDC Dennis

Unit B

41 Internet Avenue

Galt, ON

N1R 4A4

prints on the label as:

YPDC Dennis

Unit B

Galt, ON N1R 4A4

If the package ever had to be returned, it would fail.

Current work-arounds

(1) add the missing info by hand

(2) substitute an adjusted return address before buying and printing

-..-

Message 28 of 29
latest reply

Printing labels through PayPal/Pitney-Bowes for Canada Post still does not include the complete return address on the label (seen for Small Packet USA and Expedited Parcel) for addresses that use both (rather than just one) local lines.

Example:

YPDC Dennis

Unit B

41 Internet Avenue

Galt, ON

N1R 4A4

prints on the label as:

YPDC Dennis

Unit B

Galt, ON N1R 4A4

If the package ever had to be returned, it would fail.

Current work-arounds

(1) add the missing info by hand

(2) substitute an adjusted return address before buying and printing

---------------------------------------

The obvious workaround to your specific example above is to just merge the two lines. There's no need to put the unit number on a separate line, you can just put "B-41 Internet Drive". That's how Canada Post handles units/apartments/suites internally anyway.

Of course, I realize that this is a larger issue and in some cases there are specific instances where using both address lines is necessary, in which case this issue definitely needs to be fixed.

Message 29 of 29
latest reply