New Promo - List up to 1,000,000 items FREE Sept 15 to 25th

Check this out.........latest Ebay promo

http://pages.ebay.com/promo/2013/0915/1Million.html

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

This Promotion is available by invitation only.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I think some highly paid marketing genius at eBay made a booboo when copying and pasting from a previous promotion.

"This Promotion does not apply to the following: items listed in eBay's Auction-style format,"

...yet the promotion is for auction style only!  I guess the genius meant to write "fixed price format"

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

The promotion is for auction format... but with the exclusion of certain categories

The statement is

"This Promotion does not apply to the following: items listed in eBay's Auction-style format,"    read on  

and then the exclusions are listed..... 

and the exclusion includes auction format listings....only... but only in certain categories

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@cumos55 wrote:

The promotion is for auction format... but with the exclusion of certain categories

The statement is

"This Promotion does not apply to the following: items listed in eBay's Auction-style format,"    read on  

and then the exclusions are listed..... 

and the exclusion includes auction format listings....only... but only in certain categories

I read it the same way that Pierre does. If it was as you say, the colon would be after the word format.

This Promotion does not apply to the following:

items listed in eBay's Auction-style format, eBay Motors Passenger Vehicles, Motorcycles, Boats, Power Sports, Other Vehicles, Motors Local Market, Real Estate, or Classified Ad listings. The following business and industrial categories are excluded: Heavy Equipment, Concession Trailers & Carts, Imaging & Aesthetics Equipment, and Commercial Printing Presses.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

The last auction-style promotion: http://pages.ebay.com/promo/2013/0817/50KZIF.html

The wording correctly states: "This Promotion does not apply to the following: Items listed in eBay's fixed price format, eBay Motors...."

Back to the original post: some genius in San Jose copied the information from the wrong promotion!

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

OK....

Friday the 13 th hangover....

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

One million free listings.

Yeah.

I'll get right on that.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I got no email invitation. Checked "my messages" from eBay, no invitation. Just checked my numbers for my promotional store listings used, and here is the 1 million dollar promotion on there also.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

One million free listings?  And for 10 days only?  They have to be kidding!

This is actually quite interesting though if you analyze it.  Why offer such a ludicrously high number of free listings if there's little likelihood anybody could take advantage of it, even by invitation? 

Well, I can think of two reasons: either because they know nobody could possibly use them all, so it's purpose is just to grab attention; or there are sellers who are in fact able to take advantage of this promotion, i.e. huge commercial sellers with hundreds of thousands of widgets and hundreds of employees (and computers) to list them.  The latter, if accurate, says a lot about where eBay is going these days.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

How about a seller of books with about 4 million books on eBay.

and he rotates inventory on a regular basis....

Message 11 of 11
latest reply