Nine of fourteen ceramic pitchers arrive damaged, seller says not his problem

jdj53
Community Member
The seller is claiming it is not his problem, that I needed to buy insurance, which he didn't offer in the listing. How do I put in a claim with eBay? The seller is in Europe and English is not his first language.
Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Do you mean left or purchased?

It definitely goes by the date of purchase.

Again...perhaps I'm wrong but I always thought that each positive from one buyer for a single week's transaction only counted as one positive but that each negative counted.  Am I confused?

Message 41 of 42
latest reply

pjcdn2005 wrote:

But we aren't really rated on our feedback percentage or DSR averages. I was referring to the defect rating.....

But something I just thought of...if the OP already opened a request for a return because an item wasn't as described for each item, then I wouldn't think any more defects for the same transactions would count. Does that sound right?

That is how I understood it to be but that is simply an academic understanding. I don't have any actual real-world experience in this area. I am under the impression that the defects are already there due to the Not As Described cases; the seller can't get more defects as feedback is left for the transactions BUT nonetheless the number of negative feedbacks will still affect his public standing. No one sees the defects but the seller. And ebay. But we all see the feedback and DSRs as they are averaged out to whatever they might be in terms of stars and portions thereof. 

Oh and I would hope that if you can only give one positive per week no matter how many items were bought that the negative(s) would only count as one as well but I think they add up numerically regardless. Well, they show as 13 or so per month but I don't know, now that you mention it, if it would subtract one from the score or an extra 12.... It's a good question. I hope I never find out myself! Hah. 

Message 42 of 42
latest reply