Oooo tied my fastest sold record today!!!

Listed 9:09 AM sold 9:12 AM

Ties my 3 minutes "listed to sold" record from about 5 years ago!

Quite a shocker, the item that sold isn't usually a fast seller, must just have been listed at just the right moment!!!

Usually it is China stamps that sell very quickly, that's what set the record way back when.

Extra special because things are moving slow these days, which is normal in the stamp world.....

Anyway should get back to work......

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Congratulations on the quick sale.

I am impressed!

I have thousands and thousands of FDCs accumulated over the decades.  A bookshelf full of them.  Maybe I should start working on them.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Hi Pierre! That particular product line has sold better than the other FDC styles I've used, however like all things FDC normally they are quite slow.

It was a "sell similar" for one that sold a couple days ago, I've found that if I can do sell similars fairly quickly after an item sells, it seems to generate a few more quicker sales. (got the idea to use sell similar instead of relist from a comment reallynice mentioned some time ago).

Hopefully if you attack your FDC hoard you'll enjoy some solid sales too!
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

"... if you attack your FDC hoard ...'"

That is the challenge.  I need a bit more energy as I am not as young as I used to be. 

Looking at the task, from time to time, I find it overwhelming.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I'm not a "stamp person", but just curious -- what is the "FDC" you're both referring to?

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

FDC = First Day Cover

An envelope with a new stamp cancelled on the day of issue

For example:  http://pierrelebel.com/pics/Canada-FDC/211-216.JPG

http://pierrelebel.com/pics/Canada-FDC/1900.JPG

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Ian just bought a big box of FFC and Dog Sled Mail much of which will be going up in August (Canada Post permitting).

Mostly Arctic which usually goes well.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

My fastest.... Listed a book .... autobiography of William Kurelek ...  Canadian/Winnipeg artist...  at about 6:00 PM

I blinked and it was gone....  I said where?... found it in my sold file....and it sold within 9 minutes

Totally unexpected

But then sometimes  there can be some very unusual stories about eBay sales

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@cumos55 wrote:

My fastest.... Listed a book .... autobiography of William Kurelek ...  Canadian/Winnipeg artist...  at about 6:00 PM

I blinked and it was gone....  I said where?... found it in my sold file....and it sold within 9 minutes

Totally unexpected

But then sometimes  there can be some very unusual stories about eBay sales

My fastest was 5 minutes -- the Godfather trilogy.  When I saw the Sold e-mail, I panicked .... I thought, oh no, I didn't realize it was already listed and now I've just made a duplicate listing. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

A few years ago I listed a couple of unique similar items at the same time as Buy It Now with the same price ($29.99 CAD with Free Shipping). I had just submitted them and was looking at one of the listings and decided the price was too high and tried to edit the listings to change the price. Some error message came up and I spent a couple of minutes trying to figure out what was going on and getting frustrated and wondering what I did wrong or what was wrong with eBay. Then the listing came up as sold and I went to my Sold listings page and saw both had sold to the same buyer minutes (seconds?) after I listed.

I assume they had a search saved and got an email on my listings and bought them or perhaps they did a search right at that second. I wondered how much more I could have asked for the items. Sadly I never came across these items again.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply