Paypal thank you rebate

rd1000
Community Member
I just received mine this morning. Very nice of them. Now I don't like to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I incurred $8.22 US in fees from entirely US payments, and I receive $9.04 Cdn from Paypal. That is $1.10 conversion rate. XE gives me $1.19 today. If there is any evidence of Paypal's horrible exchange rates, there it is. Plus the 50 cents to withdraw.

I am grateful for the refund, but leave it to paypal to turn something nice into feeling like you are ripped off.

Rob
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Paypal thank you rebate

discountlabelsupplies
Community Member
Although XE gives the going exchange rate do they actually change money at that amount? I have yet to see a money changer or a bank for that matter offer the same exchange that XE gives.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Paypal thank you rebate

bh542
Community Member
I signed with XE but haven't had a transaction. By working at the demo, which I think the rate it used was the real exchange rate, I found that they took a small percentage of difference (about 0.5%, compared with their middle rate). That's much better than the banks and close to the best money trader.

Anyone who actually did with XE?
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Paypal thank you rebate

rd1000
Community Member
I have done a few transactions with XE. I never really had a close look to see how close they are with the posted rate. I am confident that it is a good rate. But next time I do I will compare the rates and post it to this board.

Rob
Message 4 of 4
latest reply