Return Request

dycon58
Community Member

I have a 7 day return policy. Customer made a return request on the 7th day--item didn't fit due to customers incorrect estimate of recipients' size. I chose to, "Send a Message" in which I explained in detail how I wanted the item returned and that the customer is responsible for return shipping costs (as outlined in my policy). I have not heard back from customer. Tomorrow is my deadline for responding (which I have done) but do I have to check the, "Accept Refund" button as well? I don't want a case started. This is my 1st return request. I thought the customer would respond to my message and confirm that my return instructions would be followed. Then I was going to, "Accept Return". Thanks for any tips. 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Return Request

Your seven day Returns is trumped by eBay and Paypal's policies.

EBay allows Disputes for 30 days after delivery and PP allows Disputes for 180 days after payment.

Now.

Either the buyer returns the item (eventually) or not.

If she returns it, you refund.

If she does not return it, you don't refund.

Whatever you do, try not to let it go to a Dispute.

EBay can demand that you send the buyer a Return Shipping Label. If she is not in Canada, this is impossible. You will have to negotiate with the unhappy buyer whether she pays for the return and you refund her or whether you send her money for the return and hope she doesn't just keep it and the dress (giving up the refund).

This, BTW, is based on the reason your buyer chooses for her Dispute.

If she wants to return it and get a refund, don't argue.

It business, not personal. And you get hurt more than the buyer.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Return Request

Your seven day Returns is trumped by eBay and Paypal's policies.

EBay allows Disputes for 30 days after delivery and PP allows Disputes for 180 days after payment.

Now.

Either the buyer returns the item (eventually) or not.

If she returns it, you refund.

If she does not return it, you don't refund.

Whatever you do, try not to let it go to a Dispute.

EBay can demand that you send the buyer a Return Shipping Label. If she is not in Canada, this is impossible. You will have to negotiate with the unhappy buyer whether she pays for the return and you refund her or whether you send her money for the return and hope she doesn't just keep it and the dress (giving up the refund).

This, BTW, is based on the reason your buyer chooses for her Dispute.

If she wants to return it and get a refund, don't argue.

It business, not personal. And you get hurt more than the buyer.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply