Returns and reolution center

On March 16 I received a high value camera lens purchased through ebay. I immediately opened and checked the lens. I found it to be defective and immediately started the return process. There was no resolution so on March 20  requested ebay to upgrade this to a claim . I received an email (9:50am) stating that there would be a resolution within 48 hours. On Monday March 22 (72 HOURS LATER), I called ebay and was assured that the seller would be given 5 days notice to provide a return label or return shipping through Paypal. I would also  be sent an email confirming this. I did not receive a confirmation email. On Tuesday March 22 I again called ebay and was then informed it was not a 48 hour policy, but 2 business days. I was told to call back next day. (by the way, 2 business days had already passed, Friday and Monday. This morning, Wednesday, I again called ebay. I was then informed that it would have to go to high value claims (first I'd heard of that!). Talked to person there who informed me that the seller would be given three days notice to provide return shipping to me via Paypal or label. I received a confirmation email but now my case has been put on hold until March 30, 5 days. Not at all what I was told.

I am completely stressed out. This process has been a total run around. I would appreciate a reply from a RESPONSIBLE EBAY REPRESENTATIVE. Or a phone call. You have my number

Drygallen

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Returns and reolution center

This is a member to member Board and not read by eBay employees. (The mods are with a company called Lithium.)

If you are getting nowhere with eBay/PP, you could try abandoning that process and phoning the credit card company you really paid through (PP is just a useful mediator). Ask the rep for a chargeback. You will need to have your transaction details handy to help her process the refund.

You can also leave appropriate feedback for the seller including Detailed Seller Ratings. If eBay does resolve the claim, these may be removed, but in the meantime that may encourage the seller to act.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply