SORT BY: BEST MATCH ??????????

for_baby_and_you
Community Member
Best Match to what???
OK I know it is a new way to promote qualifying for it sellers.... but I believe this is misleading for buyers!!!!
If you go to:
Categories - baby - baby gear - baby slings and carriers - other brands ( that where I sell at)

WHAT EXACTLY ARE WE MATCHING BEST FOR???????

if the category is "other brands" sorting it for best match is ... I'm sorry but stupid!!!!!

Kasha

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

whoscloset
Community Member
I'm sorry but stupid!!!!!

No you're not...eBay's programmers are.

Monique

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

acofa
Community Member
"BEST MATCH" means "BEST MATCH FOR EBAY PROFIT".
Best regards,
EBAY.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

for_baby_and_you
Community Member
but is not 😞 my sales are down 90% they are not making any money on me any more 😞 I'm taking vacations now, but I think I will be quiting eBay soon 😞

Kasha

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

acofa
Community Member
It means that Ebay prefer somebody else, who pays more fees then you.
I am going to leave Ebay too, new changes don't affect my ebay profit, but I had more than 2000 sales, more than 1000 positive feedbacks and 2 neutals only (both from very strange customer, i.e absolutely unreasonable), no negatives at all, anyway my feedback is not 100% according to new "grey negatives" and my Seller Dashboard says: "Buyers satisfaction - Needs work".
I am not an idiot, and I am not going to earn FALSE BUYER SATISFACTION by FREE SHIPPING.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

for_baby_and_you
Community Member
I just checked and for May 2007 sales I payed 3689.65 eBay fees...and May 2008 it was 687.54
thanks for all those brilliant changes... 😞

I was just thinking... is there somebody following ebay's stock value? I have to check it... maybe they are doing it on purpose? kill the company but sell the stocks first? (copycats of Nortel or JDS Uniphase?)

Kasha

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Best Match doesn't make any sense to me. DSR's and total FB number seem to have no bearing on where you show up. Feedback "percentages" do though.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

palms_and_pdas
Community Member
Best Match still promotes sellers with ton's of negatives, poor feeedback, bad DSR scores, and high shipping prices.

WOW what a great idea.

NOT !!!!!

Fitz
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Yep,

Lower your DSR's, get more negs and you will show up on the top of page one.
Encourage your buyers to buy from those at the top because they will be overcharged for shipping, given poor service and may not get their merchandise.....but at least they won't get a negative from those sellers which I guess make it a Best Match...?:|

Heck, you can do anything you want....just offer free shipping and you skip right to the top no matter how bad a seller you are. Just don't expect to make any profit after paying for the shipping and all the extra listing and FV fees to eBay.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply