September 11th Weekly Board Hour

Hi everyone!

Happy Hump Day! The usual suspects are here today: Rodney, Bryan, Raphael & I - so get those questions rolling  Smiley Happy

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: September 11th Weekly Board Hour

@pocomocomputing wrote:

Hmmm, I checked my email account and can see the sent emails on Sep 4. I see no replies and they are not in junk email. It is a Hotmail account so I wonder if their spam filter is blocking your replies? Send me a test message when you can and I will reply.

Mystery solved! Outgoing emails have been sitting in my Outbox... whoops! So I've technically not sent you those emails. Getting it fixed ASAP.

Thanks for following up!

~Kalvin

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

kalvin@ebay.com wrote:

@pocomocomputing wrote:

Hmmm, I checked my email account and can see the sent emails on Sep 4. I see no replies and they are not in junk email. It is a Hotmail account so I wonder if their spam filter is blocking your replies? Send me a test message when you can and I will reply.

Mystery solved! Outgoing emails have been sitting in my Outbox... whoops! So I've technically not sent you those emails. Getting it fixed ASAP.

Thanks for following up!

Is it just me or other replies? I recall reading in the forums that someone complained that you never replied to them when they sent an email recently.

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

Questions about UPS (United Parcel Services) in the eBay listings. 

You may recall that a seller wants to use UPS on eBay.ca because they sell large items that will not go Canada Post. Here is the topic.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Canadian-PowerSellers-Discussion/Offering-2-shipping-provider-in-my-CDN-...

You already replied.

Basically UPS can be listed as a shipping option but only when using Flat Rate shipping option in a listing. No calculated shipping for UPS.

1) Will UPS get calculates shipping on ebay.ca? Maybe it is not cost effective.

2) eBay.ca shipping center say you can bet up to 50% off UPS shipping. When clicking on the link, it goes to eBay.com UPS shipping. Is a discount available for eBay.ca?

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

kalvin@ebay.com wrote:

@pocomocomputing wrote:

Thanks for following up!

Is it just me or other replies? I recall reading in the forums that someone complained that you never replied to them when they sent an email recently.

Not just you - guilty of that with rose-dee & a couple others as well. I'll shoot those out as soon as I'm able.

~Kalvin

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

One last question, to whichever of you gentlemen can respond.  

It's not clear to me what eBay's policy is concerning "negative" positive feedback by buyers, or in fact if there is any rule that applies.  I had one of these instances occur recently as a result of a buyer's error, who apparently felt it necessary to post a remark anyway.  I was curious to know if this sort of thing will be removed by eBay on request by a seller.  

If it's a matter of shades of gray, it's not really worth my while attempting to explain the situation to the Customer Service, and I'll just be resigned to accepting the comment as it is and the lower DSRs that unfortunately came with it.  

Hi rode-dee,

The part of the feedback policy that mentions a positive feedback rating with a negative comment is aimed at sellers actually, as some try to do this as a way to circumvent their inability to leave negative feedback for buyers. The same is not usually enforced for buyers leaving feedback for sellers since it won't really impact the seller's performance rating in any way.

I think I can tell which feedback comment you are referring to here, and to take that particular example without passing judgement on the validity of what they did, it isn't entirely impossible that your buyer would be unsatisfied with part of the transaction experience but not unsatisfied enough to leave you an overall negative rating. They likely just opted to voice their dissatisfaction via the DSR and that comment they wrote.

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

Questions about UPS (United Parcel Services) in the eBay listings. 

You may recall that a seller wants to use UPS on eBay.ca because they sell large items that will not go Canada Post. Here is the topic.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Canadian-PowerSellers-Discussion/Offering-2-shipping-provider-in-my-CDN-...

You already replied.

Basically UPS can be listed as a shipping option but only when using Flat Rate shipping option in a listing. No calculated shipping for UPS.

1) Will UPS get calculates shipping on ebay.ca? Maybe it is not cost effective.

2) eBay.ca shipping center say you can bet up to 50% off UPS shipping. When clicking on the link, it goes to eBay.com UPS shipping. Is a discount available for eBay.ca?

Hi pocomocomputing,

At this time there are no plans to make UPS available for calculated shipping on eBay.ca. Regarding the 50% discount you mention, may I have the URL of the page where you saw this, I'd like to review what it says on there. Please sens me that via email at raphael@ebay.com.

Thanks!

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

This concludes this week's Board Hour! Thanks for joining and see you next week!

Message 27 of 27
latest reply