Shipping from GTA to US

digi555
Community Member
Having lots of problem with Canada Post and FedEx, finally I decided to ship from the US to my US buyers. I go to Niagara Falls one a week. I can print labels here in Toronto and drop off packages in the USPS post office. Please chare your experience of shipping to US.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Shipping from GTA to US

I've only been shipping this method for 6 weeks.....

Impressions

delivery within the USA is very fast

delivery on International items slower & less reliable (albeit much cheaper) than CP. I've had more complaints of slow/non delivery in 6 weeks than in the previous 5 years using CP. (non USA destinations)

Biggest impression

The USA (mainly USPS) has some very wacky rules and they obviously suffer from severe paranoia about their personal (and national) security.
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Shipping from GTA to US

digi555
Community Member
Okay. Here some other tips:
1)You can order their FREE shipping supplies. Big saving if you are sending packages in boxes.
2)Buy insurance from a third party. Another big saving.

Now I have to figure out how to save my time.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Shipping from GTA to US

Here another interesting quirk that I found.

There are certain weight points that are actually cheaper to ship via CP, again like the small packet situation (lack of) in Canada they show up in the low weight categories.

use the USPS/CP shipping calculators on these two..

240 grams / 9 oz to Germany (dims don't matter)
190 grams / 7 oz to Japan (under 2 cm thick)

There are probably a few more similar......anybody?

- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply