Skip Shipping Cost?

morisatos
Community Member

I asked a seller if I could pay base price of an item and skip the shipping cost if he sends a gift card code via email/pm; he agrees. If I win the bid, am I able to set the payment amount or will it include the shipping cost that is shown on his listed item?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Skip Shipping Cost?

If you won the item then the invoice sent to you automatically would have the same prices as stated on the listing but the seller could then send you a new invoice with free shipping. You can't change the amounts on the invoice yourself.

The other poster was just telling you to be careful as these type of digital transactions are often not covered by any buyer protection.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Skip Shipping Cost?

Digital sales are not subject to the eBay protection program.

If he tells you it has been emailed and it isn't, you will have no paddle. And no money.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Skip Shipping Cost?

I haven't won the bid yet, only that I asked him if I could skip the shipping cost ( as in have him send the code via email/pm rather than mailing it to me). My dilemma is when I pay through Paypal, can I set the price or is there a set price set by ebay itself and cannot be changed?
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Skip Shipping Cost?

If you won the item then the invoice sent to you automatically would have the same prices as stated on the listing but the seller could then send you a new invoice with free shipping. You can't change the amounts on the invoice yourself.

The other poster was just telling you to be careful as these type of digital transactions are often not covered by any buyer protection.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Skip Shipping Cost?

Yes, I know the outcomes of such deals taking place. I review their ratings and such first before taking such a risk. Thanks for the warning in any case reallynicestamps and thanks pjcdn2005 for clarifying the issue at hand.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply