So How Many Will Be Using UPS Now?

orbitdrop.ont_01
Community Member
This UPS flat rate shipping thing seems golden to me. I know I will be using it as leverage to see if i can get some better rate through Purolator.

Anyone making the jump to UPS that doesn't currently use UPS?
Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

katiusciav
Community Member
i had just started the inquiry process into ups from canada post, and have only received an account number and am waiting for some quotes from them, so i haven't decided to make a permanent switch yet, but am definitely going to take their promo to its fullest advantage. i 'registered' with paypal, but its telling me the account number isn't active yet, i'm assuming it takes 24hrs? its a great way to test their overall service in deciding to go with them or fedex...
Kat
Message 2 of 27
latest reply

collectorsgang
Community Member
We have our account number and it has been 24 hours. I set it up in Paypal and went to see how its works. The hastle is they need a phone number of the customer, now you have to hunt down the customer to get their phone number.
I put in my phone number and I got a message "Paypal shipping is not available". I do not know if this was because of the phone number. If it was I would like a message saying invalid phone number.

The promotion is for standard shipping and I could not figure out what the length of time for delivery was?
From reading the faqs, you will not see the promotional rate, but your credit card or paypal will reflect the price, kinda scary if it doesnt work.
Message 3 of 27
latest reply

katiusciav
Community Member
I just got an email saying they have now set up my paypal account, and i can go ahead and start shipping. so i tried a mock one, and i certainly didn't get the discounted rate...to the states, 10llbs, i got 44.00, not 17.00...i selected ups standard, i can't figure out...its kind of annoying, and yea, the phone number thing too...:-(
Kat
Message 4 of 27
latest reply

alero0
Community Member
I finally got my account set up. Finding phone numbers is not really a problem. You just have to go to the ebay Search Find Contact Information. I'm used to this because I normally ship Fedex and they require a phone number too.
I'm defiantly going to try it out at least for the 6 months for some shipments but I do agree that it's a bit scary not seeing the discounted rate until you get your credit card statement. At least I can go online to my credit card account and see if it works a couple of days after the transaction to see if I did get the discounted rate.
Harvey
Message 5 of 27
latest reply

so i tried a mock one, and i certainly didn't get the discounted rate...to the states

Does no one read? From the eBay promo FAQ

Print a UPS label from My eBay or PayPal (Note: UPS's published rates will be displayed during the label printing process but your credit card will only be billed the promotional rate plus applicable duties, taxes and fuel surcharges)
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 6 of 27
latest reply

Yes alero I can see that you do read (and even understand).

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

katiusciav
Community Member
can you be more rude? if you don't have anything valuable to say, keep it to yourself
Kat
Message 8 of 27
latest reply

katiusciav
Community Member
actually, i should say
answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate

and just not waste 30 seconds i'll never get back..
Kat
Message 9 of 27
latest reply

alero0
Community Member

Then don't!

recped Sometimes I agree with your comments but sometimes I feel you're just looking for confrontation.

Like I say to some people.... I understand quickly, you just have to explain it to me for a long time.

Harvey
Message 10 of 27
latest reply

3jcc14
Community Member
I'd love to jump in on this UPS promo but unfortunately, where I live, there's no UPS. They have a delivery agent but no pick up agent. Oh well.
Message 11 of 27
latest reply

momosworld
Community Member
If anyone lives in the Toronto area & wants cheaper shipping to the USA or even Canada, send me an email & I'll give you the breakdown, since we ship in high volumes, we get great rates & another company can basically "piggyback" off us.

Moez.

My mommy says i'm cool

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

OK Harvey....here's the explanation!

My post #5 was in response to post #3, when it posted I realized that it might be thought that I was responding to post #4 (yours) which it was clearly not because you understood that the reduced price was not immediately reflected. To preempt any confusion I posted #6.

As so often happens my clarification made the misunderstanding even worse.

At for the poster of #3, if you feel my reply was "rude" well it was only meant to be blunt. There have been several threads on the boards regarding this UPS promotion mostly filled with rubbish by people who only seem interested in complaining and are either unwilling or unable to actually read the details of the promotion.

Like I said on another UPS thread, this promo won't work for everyone but if you send shipments of this size and are not a high volume UPS user it's a pretty good deal.

As it happens, it's useless to me.

sometimes I feel you're just looking for confrontation.

Not that often and not in this case but you're right, on occasion I just want to be a grumpy bugger.

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

case777
Community Member
The UPS flat rate really isn't worth it as the rate you can get from Canada Post Expedited or ExpressPost in most cases is the same or less. I won't be using it, no need to as I get a good rate already with Canada Post and sometimes Purolator.
Message 14 of 27
latest reply

alero0
Community Member
OK Harvey....here's the explanation!

recped
I never felt that your comments in response in post #5 was referring to me. My comment in post #9 was referring to the comment answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate. that you have pasted at the end of all your posts. I'm my mind and I'm sure in others' it sounds like anyone who asks what you might feel is a dumb question, something that has already been discussed or something that you might feel is obvious is being called a Troll. This board is made up of all types of people, some smarter than others, some that understand things quicker and some that have to be smacked on the back of their head a few times before they get it. This doesn't make the smarter and quicker ones better people than anyone else here. Many of us don't have time to read past posts to find out information from past discussions or to research other sites to find the answer they want. This is what this board is for. If anyone has any question or problem and wants an opinion they should feel free to post it without being called or implied that they're stupid or as you would put it a Troll. I just feel that if you insist on having that troll comment at the end of your posts then you should not answer any of the dumb sounding questions....But you do. Your post #3 was blunt but it escalated to rude by having that generic troll comment at the end of your post.
Just my opinion,
Harvey
Message 15 of 27
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
Harvey, that you received a response to your post would seem to indicate that you are not considered a troll.

Bill treasure-pot

Bill

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

Nobody on THIS thread is a troll.

The specific troll referred to in my sig finally disappeared after his/her 20+ id's were bounced! (This was on the Selling On eBay board).

There have been a few trolls on this board but since posting id's don't work on this board it's a rare event to have a real troll here.

:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

katiusciav
Community Member
I'm my mind and I'm sure in others' it sounds like anyone who asks what you might feel is a dumb question, something that has already been discussed or something that you might feel is obvious is being called a Troll. This board is made up of all types of people, some smarter than others, some that understand things quicker and some that have to be smacked on the back of their head a few times before they get it. This doesn't make the smarter and quicker ones better people than anyone else here. Many of us don't have time to read past posts to find out information from past discussions or to research other sites to find the answer they want. This is what this board is for. If anyone has any question or problem and wants an opinion they should feel free to post it without being called or implied that they're stupid or as you would put it a Troll. I just feel that if you insist on having that troll comment at the end of your posts then you should not answer any of the dumb sounding questions...

my god, perfect harvey!!!
i will admit-i hate to read, and sometimes i don't always read everything i should...i'm too much of a rushy person. that being said, i never even saw the 'faq' section of the announcement, i read it over quickly and briefly, and had i read it in detail before posting here, i would have known it gets discounted later. if i had read it, and someone else had posted my post, this would have been my reply:

hey "_______", its actually just a technical complication-they can't show you the discount until you get your credit card statement-i actually found that out when i read the promo in detail...!, so no worries-go ahead and ship away!!!:-):-):-x:-x

...but that's just me...
Kat
Message 18 of 27
latest reply

katiusciav
Community Member
when was the sky ever falling??

i've replied enough times to some of bestshowtime's ridiculous responses,in my opinion, doesn't know any better. but recped, while knowledgeable, has now twice made a comment on one of my posts-

Yes alero I can see that you do read (and even understand

sorry, i read to mean that i wouldn't understand after i've read something-a post like this isn't really necessary...is it?? what if you had asked a question that you weren't familiar with (after all, the boards should be a place where someone can come just to chat, shoot the breeze in a relaxed environment, get friendly advice, and inquire without having to feel that we're "stupid"), and i replied to your post by saying

DOES ANYONE NOT READ? OH YES, OTHER POSTER YOU READ, AND YOU UNDERSTAND...

would kind of make you feel stupid, no?
and i really hope i don't get responses like, 'well, i usually know everything so ...'

harvey put it nicely, and i can't say it any better than him.

as for the other post, i'm not going to go back and search-the word SHEER STUPIDITY should ring a bell to recped...

there are better ways to respond...

just my humble opinion..
Kat
Message 19 of 27
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Oh boy Kat, looks like you are headed to the bad side of the omniknowledgable trifecta of the Power Seller Boards. Been there, done that. Just ignore the "talking heads." Pay no attention to the little man behind the curtain....(From the wizard of oz). There are a few people who chat here that have self esteem issues. They know who they are.

-PHIL
Message 20 of 27
latest reply