Top Rated Seller Requirements Confusion

I have been a TRS for months now and the only requirements I see to earn the 20% discount is to be Top Rated.  So why am I not seeing the discounts??  Is there some requirement I am unaware of that I am missing.

I know in the US, you have to have a 1 day handling policy.

I only sell and ship within Canada.

What am I missing here?  Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Hey!  Even I know that I couldn't 'make' you look at or do anything. Smiley Happy

You were insisting.

Photobucket
Message 21 of 27
latest reply

hmmmm....so if I insist you will do what I tell you.

I'll have to keep that in mind.Smiley LOL

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

hmmmm....so if I insist you will do what I tell you.

I'll have to keep that in mind.Smiley LOL

Checkmate!

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

Woman LOL

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

pj:

Off topic, but I just wanted to acknowledge your post at today's Board Chat in response to my buyer's issue with CAD listings converting to USD in the shopping cart.

"Is it possible that she assumed the listing was in Cdn$ because that's what it shows in search on .ca and she didn't notice when she clicked on the listing that it was in U.S. $?"

That's precisely what the issue turned out to be.  That was the first thing I had asked her but she didn't seem to understand at that time.  She does now.

Thanks for your comment.

I couldn't get back to the Board before it closed.  I was sitting in the hospital waiting for some tests and no Wi-Fi signal Smiley Sad

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

@jt-libra wrote:

"Is it possible that she assumed the listing was in Cdn$ because that's what it shows in search on .ca and she didn't notice when she clicked on the listing that it was in U.S. $?"

That's precisely what the issue turned out to be.  That was the first thing I had asked her but she didn't seem to understand at that time.  She does now. 

You know, I wonder how many buyers, especially new ones, could be confused by this as well?  Do I remember correctly that you said she thought she had paid more in $US than the equivalent $Cdn, or was she just completely mixed up about the prices?  

Even if she saw the $Cdn price first, the $US price should have been the equivalent (and a smaller number at that), so I'm wondering how she could have thought she was paying more.  

It probably doesn't matter anymore with that particular buyer, but I think a similar thing will happen now that stores are displaying "smart currency" (i.e. the local currency of the buyer).  They'll purchase, then an inexperienced buyer will suddenly see the listing currency on the invoice/payment.  I'm not sure which is better -- seeing your own currency, or a consistent currency throughout the process.  

I suppose this is an off-topic reply too. Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

@jt-libra wrote:

You know, I wonder how many buyers, especially new ones, could be confused by this as well?  Do I remember correctly that you said she thought she had paid more in $US than the equivalent $Cdn, or was she just completely mixed up about the prices?  

Even if she saw the $Cdn price first, the $US price should have been the equivalent (and a smaller number at that), so I'm wondering how she could have thought she was paying more.  

It probably doesn't matter anymore with that particular buyer, but I think a similar thing will happen now that stores are displaying "smart currency" (i.e. the local currency of the buyer).  They'll purchase, then an inexperienced buyer will suddenly see the listing currency on the invoice/payment.  I'm not sure which is better -- seeing your own currency, or a consistent currency throughout the process.  

I suppose this is an off-topic reply too. Smiley Happy

You know, the more I talked to her, the more confused I got.  She said that by the time PayPal charged her a conversion rate, she had paid much more.  I sympathized with her and said good-bye.  I wish I had never raised this today.

But I agree with you .... "smart currency" could cause some confusion for casual, inexperienced buyers.

Okay, back to the topic of Top Rated Seller Requirements!!

Message 27 of 27
latest reply