What Do You Do When Buyer Files Neg Feedback But It Is On Wrong Item?

I just lost one of my valuable positive feedback points due to a buyer's bizarre comments on an item that doesn't match what they bought from me, and their feedback comments don't even make sense.  I sold a box of brand new solid wax, made by Revlon in USA, it did not have Chinese instructions, and since there is no power required to use the wax, it did not need a power adapter, American or otherwise.  Oh man, I'm discouraged.

I bust my rear trying to get positive feedback, and then I get this.  This buyer never once contacted me, but it wouldn't matter because they are obviously commenting on a completely different item.

If a buyer files negative feedback that is obviously not for the item number, can the seller get it removed?????

I'm talking about my item 120855492852, 2 pounds of wax and gloves, brand new as shown in my photo, made by Revlon USA.  You put some wax in a hot wax machine, melt it and it makes your hands softer.  The wax uses no power, and did not come with Chinese instructions!!!!!

Kathy at eBay A Vintage Collectible
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

"What Do You Do When Buyer Files Neg Feedback But It Is On Wrong Item?"

First thing to do is not panic.

The buyer is upset. Obviously.  That is why he left feedback. He made a similar mistake a year ago with another seller, tried to correct the problem but did not.

Give it a day or two.  Let the buyer cool off.

In a few days, contact him, explain the fact feedback was left for the wrong product and the wrong seller and ask him to please agree to a feedback revision (from negative to positive).

Once he has agreed, and only then, send the feedback revision through eBay.

Once again, do NOT rush into this.  Let him cool down for a few days.

To send a feedback revision request, take a look at:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/feedback/revision-request.html 

Good Luck.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Contact the buyer and ask them if they made a mistake .. I looked at the feedback they leave for sellers and this buyer has left feedback for other sellers because buyer didn't read and seemed like they were wiling to rectify issue

Click on your feedback

Scroll down to bottom click Feedback forum

Scroll down a little and look at box on the right and you will see option to request feedback revision..

First confirm with buyer they made a mistake and are willing to revise before you send the request...

Also have to remember wheter they read or not it is just about how they feel ...

Remember when pierre gave you some good helpful advice and you felt hurt by some of the comments... Pierre was helping and just being nice and helpful but YOU FELT hurt... Same when it comes to people's opinion on how a transaction went you can do back flips and still get a neg it is just the nature of the beast ...

I recently had a few day stay at the hospital with my wife and let all buyers know and 99.9% of them were like no problem ship it when you get a chance etc.. But I had one buyer say Your personal affairs don't matter to me if you shipped late I will reflect that in my feedback to you ,,Nothing I can do even though I think it's not nice of them at all buit they are right and they are allowed to have there own opinion regardless of how I feel abou it ...

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Sound advice you have been given.

Agree that it is best to let things simmer down.

Be professional about the situation, it is paramount you cover your assets.

If the buyer is still unreasonable hit the Report Buyer button. Be professional in your message, just state the facts & how you tried to remedy the situation.

Trust me, the Report Buyer function is monitered & taken very seriously.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

The buyer did recently purchase a wax heater with an Australian plug so I bet that is the one that  they are referring to. Item 370699812310

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

"First confirm with buyer they made a mistake"

These are not words I would use. Instead, I would state "a mistake was made".

It is a lot easier when you are at the receiving end.  Nobody likes to read "they made a mistake"

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Hi pjcdn2005,

Thanks so much for the item number of the item the buyer probably was referring to.  Thanks to everyone who took the time to look up things and help me.

This has a happy ending - the buyer responded to my non-confrontational message to her and has changed her feedback.

I have experienced twice in the past (my two neutrals), where the buyer never responded and never changed their feedback.

In this case, I am very relieved.  A great start to the week, I hope!  🙂

Kathy

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Hi pierrelebel,

Thanks for your suggestion.  I had sent the buyer a non-confrontational message and it seems to have worked.  Here it is:

I read negative feedback you wrote, I think you've got wrong item number. I sold you a box new solid wax and new unused gloves, I gift wrapped and included gifts from NASA astronaut D. Williams. The wax/gloves are made by Revlon in USA, didn't have instructions in Chinese and don't use electricity so don't need a power adapter. I think by accident you used my item number but meant to comment on another item you bought. Wd you pls cancel yr neg feedback so I can get my points back. Thx

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

tigergirl1, do you include a packing list or the listing number and your eBay id so that the buyer knows that you sent the item the buyer just received? If you do not, then it is very easy for a buyer who purchases many items especially similar items, to get confused who the seller is.

Buyers complain that they receive items without any identification inside the package and cannot figure out who sold it to them. The return address on the package with your name is often meaningless since buyers know you by your eBay id.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi there,

Thanks for your suggestion.  Yes, I enclose a nice Thank you giving my item number and thanking them and giving the name of my eBay store and ID.  I have some forum threads under "Feedback How To Get It", but here is an excerpt.  Thanks for taking the time to send me ideas.  Kathy

"Feedback - How To Get It
Mar 15, 2013 12:04 PM
I really go the extra mile when I sell something on eBay - I gift wrap all my items, I started a Gift-With-Purchase program and I include other extra gifts like genuine astronaut souvenirs of when my brother went into space.  I do all these things so the buyer remembers me, and files positive feedback.  It is very frustrating to me that even though I include a Thank You card with my item giving item number and my seller name etc, and politely requesting feedback, about half or more of my buyers do not file feedback."

Message 10 of 10
latest reply