What is ebay international AG

I was charged by PayPal for eBay International AG. I disputed and lost. Is this a scam, and if so, is PayPal not concerned about it?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

marnotom!
Community Member

My guess is that those were seller fees that you were charged.

http://pages.ebay.ca/useragreement/globalCBT/globalCBTAgreement.html

PARTIES. If you have a PayPal account, this Agreement is between:

• You;

• eBay - If you reside in Canada, you are contracting with eBay International AG. If you reside in the United States, you are contracting with eBay Inc. If you reside in countries within the European Union, your contract is with eBay Europe S.Ã .r.l.; in India, your contract is with eBay India Private Limited; in all other countries your contract is with eBay International AG; and,

• PayPal - specifically, the PayPal entity with which you have entered into a User Agreement to receive the PayPal Services.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@benandspooner wrote:

I was charged by PayPal for eBay International AG. I disputed and lost. Is this a scam, and if so, is PayPal not concerned about it?

Do you know specifically what it was that you were charged for?  This looks like the regular eBay fee payment, so I'm wondering why you would dispute it.  You can easily check the amount charged via Paypal against your monthly eBay invoice to ensure it's accurate. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply