What should I do for this customer?

Hello, I sold an item to a customer. At first he said that he did not receive the item (Weather stick). So I sent another one with a bonus for the delay. I did not get feedback or news, so I sent a message to ask if they got their item. The response was yes, it had 3 inches broken off the tip, they say probably because of the bonus item, but they kept it anyway because it was a present. I know these sticks are made long for just that purpose in case the tip may break in the shipping. Now my question is, what to I do. I do not want negative feedback from this transaction. Thank you

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

rykkm
Community Member

Unfortunately, there may be no way to avoid this. Buyer sounds like they could be taking advantage, regardless of what else you do. You could end up sending new ones ad infinitum with no satisfaction on their part. Personally, I would ask them to send back the "alleged" broken one. See what kind of a response you get. You might end up refunding them, but still get a negative. Tough situation to be in. Maybe some others will have different ideas.

Cuppa Joe!

Rick
"Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity" - Frank Leahy
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

i would refund them and then forget about them,thats if asking for the return doesnt work.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply