Why does e-bay allow seller to charge buys such high rates on shipping? It's not fair to the buyer

I am tired of seller charging such high shipping rates. I have seen this so often that it has turned me off from buying from e-bay.  I just asked a buyer why she charges so much and she said that's what the she was charged. When I receive the package and see the lower amount it makes me mad.

Finished Shopping on E-Bay

Diane

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Why does e-bay allow seller to charge buys such high rates on shipping? It's not fair to the buyer

Shipping does not only mean the price of the stamp. This also includles handling.

The seller has to buy a box, packaging stuffs, time and(or) fuel to bring everything to the post office, seller has to pay taxes on the stamp price, etc.

If, after considering all this you still find that it's too much expensive, you are free to choose another seller.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

Have you been purchasing items that ship through the Global Shipping Program?  It should state this right on the listing page, unless you're using eBay Mobile.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply