Wind Turbine Noise Not Linked to Perceived Health Effects: Health Canada Study

http://www.am980.ca/2014/11/06/32332/

That's great, but the constant noise is like having a neighbour with a dog that barks all day and night.

The barking is not a health hazard, but at least with barking dog. The police will do something about it.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Wind Turbine Noise Not Linked to Perceived Health Effects: Health Canada Study

owlgebra
Community Member

When I visit a big city, all I hear is the **bleep** traffic day and night driving me nuts.  It's always something.  Where I live, the gas-fuel electric generator is within walking distance and when the wind blows this way, the noise is louder and it drives me nuts.  Always got this **bleep**, and the neighbours **bleep** dogs.

My swear words are much milder than this bleeping would have you believe.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Re: Wind Turbine Noise Not Linked to Perceived Health Effects: Health Canada Study

I know when I'm at work constant noise around me is very frustrating and makes it hard to concentrate. Many of the employees wear ear-plugs to block it out. I'm sure that the long term effects from the stress and anger would have some negative effects.

On the other hand, it also depends on what the noise is. Some people love the sound of a fan and can't sleep without it. It actually relaxes them. Which is much different than constant people talking or a dog barking.

Unless each day can be looked back upon by an individual
as one in which he has had some fun, some joy, some
real satisfaction, that day is a loss.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

The noise is getting louder and louder on everyone's hydro bill in Ontario as it continues to increase every 6 months for the next four years we're being told. Wynnes green energy policy in action will raise the price by 40% over thoset 4 years. What happens after that?

Have your wages gone up 65% in the past 8 years? The price of electricity in Ontario has. Incredibly, despite these massive historical increases, power rates are projected to rise by and additional 40 per cent over the next four years. This means we will be paying more than twice what is paid in neighbouring provinces and states. One of the reasons we pay so much is to fund the bloated salaries of the people in charge of hydro in Ontario.

http://www.ontario-hydro.com/

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

And there are those who complain about the salaries for police officers and firemen.

2013 Salaries Related to Ontario's Hydro Costs

Between the Ontario Energy Board, Hydro One and the Ontario Power Generation (all three Public Sector Agencies) there are 11,879 employees who make more than $100,000/Year! These top earners draw combined annual earnings of over 1.6 billion dollars. There are 626 making more than $200,000/Year.

According to the Globe and Mail, a whopping 77.5% of Ontario Power Generation employees make over $100,000/Year. Over 70% of Hydro One employees and over 60% of Ontario Energy Board employees make over 100K.

http://www.ontario-hydro.com/index.php?page=salaries_2013

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Does one really think this study is unbiased?  Years ago, I was involved in setting up some research studies with a firm that charged for doing such studies.  Their first question was always - what do you want to prove.  

Personally, I think it is in the best interests of the Canadian Government to prove that wind turbines are not a health hazard - so they did.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

First of all anyone who believes anything from the government really needs to come back to reality. Secondly the Harper government has control of all their scientists and departments and they say what they are suppose to say. Lastly the report says there is no direct link of health problems to turbines and then they say that the turbines can cause stress. Well here's a news bulletin > Stress causes health problems........ask any doctor. 

These turbines are being forced on people creating stress, loss of enjoyment of property, the loss of property values and the governments do not care, neither the Provincial or the Federal governments. Some people would say this is Provincial and not Federal. Well the Feds are subsidizing two turbine developments in Ontario...the Ripley development and another one whose location escapes me at the moment. 

Photobucket
Message 7 of 7
latest reply