block member contact

I bought an item through ebay that never arrived. After 20 days of not receiving anything I contacted the seller who told me to be patient and wait. 40 days pass and I email the seller again, who sends the same be patient and wait email. The item was coming from China and being delivered to Canada so 40 days was obviously a problem.

So I file a PayPal dispute. The seller private messages me on ebay (not through PayPal) and says that if I cancel the dispute, they will send another. Now I have 350 feedback so I know ebay quite well, including that cancelling the dispute leaves me without recource when a replacement never arrives either, so I escalate to a claim and for everyday until PayPal refunds it, the seller sends the same copy and paste message through ebay that if I cancel the clain they will resend.

PayPal refunds and I leave negative feedback.

Since then, the seller has emailed every day through ebay and my personal email with the same copy and paste contact to remove the feedback because it affects them and I got a refund.

As of today it is 16 emails through ebay alone.

I have blocked them through my personal email and made report through ebay, but there is nothing threatening in the sellers messages that will likely warrant any ebay action.

I rarely leave negative feedback, but this seller was terrible. He has. 99.1 rating with other negatives along the same experience I had.

I have no doubt that there are more negative experiences, but people have removed t heir feedback to stop the excessive emails.

I have told them to stop contacting me and that I will not remove the. feedback as it is accurate to my experience, but everday I get a pop up notice of the message. I stopped responding 9 days ago.

I find it hard to believe that ebay does not give us the option to block member contact.

This is harrassment to remove negative feedback. There must be something I can do.
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

block member contact

"I have no doubt that there are more negative experiences, but people have removed t heir feedback to stop the excessive emails."

That is correct.

In addition to 210 neutral and 183 negative, 157 negative were revised by buyers.

In future, to avoid similar simuations, it may be appropriate to check the seller's feedback before purchasing the item.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

block member contact

@sourcespin wrote:
I bought an item through ebay that never arrived. After 20 days of not receiving anything I contacted the seller who told me to be patient and wait. 40 days pass and I email the seller again, who sends the same be patient and wait email. The item was coming from China and being delivered to Canada so 40 days was obviously a problem.

So I file a PayPal dispute. The seller private messages me on ebay (not through PayPal) and says that if I cancel the dispute, they will send another. Now I have 350 feedback so I know ebay quite well, including that cancelling the dispute leaves me without recource when a replacement never arrives either, so I escalate to a claim and for everyday until PayPal refunds it, the seller sends the same copy and paste message through ebay that if I cancel the clain they will resend.

PayPal refunds and I leave negative feedback.

Since then, the seller has emailed every day through ebay and my personal email with the same copy and paste contact to remove the feedback because it affects them and I got a refund.

As of today it is 16 emails through ebay alone.

I have blocked them through my personal email and made report through ebay, but there is nothing threatening in the sellers messages that will likely warrant any ebay action.

I rarely leave negative feedback, but this seller was terrible. He has. 99.1 rating with other negatives along the same experience I had.

I have no doubt that there are more negative experiences, but people have removed t heir feedback to stop the excessive emails.

I have told them to stop contacting me and that I will not remove the. feedback as it is accurate to my experience, but everday I get a pop up notice of the message. I stopped responding 9 days ago.

I find it hard to believe that ebay does not give us the option to block member contact.

This is harrassment to remove negative feedback. There must be something I can do.

Hi sourcespin,

Sorry to hear about this - would you mind sending me an email with as much detail as possible so we can have Trust & Safety look into this issue please?

For future issues like these, please file a report here so these concerns can be investigated.

Thanks,

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

block member contact

I have made a compaint twice. Once a few weeks ago and again today. I gave up in responding because no matter what you write, this is what the reply always is. The last email was today so they are obviously not going away. 

The emails are always the same

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

block member contact

Hi Pierre, I now see the revised feedback. Thanks for the tip I will watch for it from now on. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply