confirm confirmed address

Hi there

Just sold some items to someone in Canada yesterday. I got payment already. Should I email the buyer to confirm whether the confirmed address from PayPal is up to date ?

I did email and also use eBay messaging system since yesterday to the buyer but no response yet. 

I don't want to ship out the winning item to a wrong address.

Please kindly advise ASAP.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: confirm confirmed address

" confirm whether the confirmed address "

???

Why?  Is the eBay address different from the PayPal address?

Does the PayPal notification shows you are ELIGIBLE to protection?

A "confirmed" PayPal address is largely meaningless as long as the address is accurate.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

As a seller I would ship to the address supplied by paypal.

As a buyer I would ignore any requests from a seller trying to  "confirm" my address since I know it is correct in paypal.

A seller   asking to confirm an address would raise flags about the honesty  of the seller.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

As a responsible seller, I have to protect my seller and myself. Sometimes the confirmed Address or address in PayPal is outdated. Nad I had been burnt.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

As a matter of habit, I always compare my buyer's Paypal & Ebay addresses. Only takes a minute & I have caught many buyers that do not updated their eBay addresses. I'll send them a quick email if they don't match and ask the buyer for instructions. They appreciate the fact that I have brought it to their attention.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I would not do that. For a while I had two addresses. None of your business why.
Photobucket
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@cjacki wrote:

As a matter of habit, I always compare my buyer's Paypal & Ebay addresses. Only takes a minute & I have caught many buyers that do not updated their eBay addresses. I'll send them a quick email if they don't match and ask the buyer for instructions. They appreciate the fact that I have brought it to their attention.

My eBay address and PayPal address often are not the same. I for one would not appreciate a seller questioning me about it. I provide a shipping address with my payment, I expect it to be sent to that address asap.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I believe the same as REC. I don't compare, I send to the PAYPAL address, that's the one you're covered for anyway. The only time I compare is if something weird is in the PAYPAL address. (in my world at least "grandpa" has his kids buying stamps under their ID and sending them to his address since he hates computers)
Message 8 of 8
latest reply