eBay 5c sale

I have had listing marathon and went crazy. Approx 550 listings, many repeats.

How did you do?

The last listing I posted was showing 0.05 all time but invoice now shows 0.35 because the time of posting is few seconds after sale end.

20-May-09 03:00:02 EDT Item title not available. View item
Insertion fee of US $0.35 converted to C $0.41 at a rate of 1.16545 (as of 20-May-09). 220418379526 Insertion Fee C $0.41

Now we don't need to speculate anymore and know for sure. eBay cheats 😉

Because the price was shown entire time, so this may qualify as bait and switch. I caught you red handed eBay, now pay me two gazillion in damages 😉
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

eBay 5c sale

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Hi dipmicro,

Seconds count all the time!

I wanted to mention that I've come across sellers who want to take part in these sales that have lots to list and are running out of time. What they do is just put the title of the item, price and basic necessities and then list.

Afterwards they go back and put their photos and write-ups in.

Saves them time and they get the sale price for listings.

So if you are down to the wire next time...give it a try!

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

eBay 5c sale

Hi Susan, thank you. Actually, if you care to look in my Other category, you may find 40x 30-day FP placeholder listing without keywords and overpriced. Created last 10 minutes of the sale just clicking Sell Similar -> Continue -> Continue 😉

The promotion did not seem to bring that much raise, some 300k difference.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

eBay 5c sale

"The promotion did not seem to bring that much raise"

... as usual when a listing promotion is limited to Canadian sellers on eBay.ca.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

eBay 5c sale

Here is something interesting:

Number of listings in 2009 shows steady rise of approx 1.24x in 5 months (= 4.4% per month or 53% per year).

Number of pageviews drops by 1.4x in last 21 months (approx 20% drop per year):

20% fewer pageview over 50% more listings means 80% less marketing value for given listing fees amount comparing now and year ago.

Ouch!
Message 5 of 5
latest reply