eBay Defaults- Changed 7 Day listing to 3 days

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
I re-listed an item this morning and did not pay attention to the number of days that the item was to be listed for as it has always defaulted to 7 days.

When I went to look at all my auctions, I noticed that this item's auction was ending in 3 days.

The reason I believe eBay chnaged my listing (remember this was an item being re-listed so the # of days should not change) is that the item was purchased as a BIN in 3-days, even though I had set the # of days when posting the item to 7 days.

I assume that as it sold in 3-days, eBay defaults re-listings of the same item to the number of days it took to sell the original item and not what you set out in your original listing.

If this is the case, pay extra attention to your re-lists when selling items sold before.

This is something that eBay should fix in their system (Darla?)

Malcolm

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

catseye*
Community Member
No, it's a bug that they're working on, from what I hear. Nothing to do with how long it took to sell.

Just watch your relists to make sure they're for the correct # of days.

*JMHO* - to be taken with a grain of salt!
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

shooger
Community Member
I listed a similar topic here:

http://forums.ebay.ca/thread.jsp?forum=44&thread=100001794&modifed=20031114231958

But I didn't get any replies. It also happens with "sell similar" as well as "relist".
Message 3 of 3
latest reply