free listing allowance decreased to 20 per month

I enjoy 50 free listings allowance on "auction style" and "Fix price" respectively each month. But from 1/5/2015, it decrease to 20 per month.

I did not have any negative feedback in the previous year and did not violate any Ebay rule.

I do not know why....

What can I do?

Please help.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Raise the asking price of your items to cover the additional five to 30 cents of the listing fee.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

This seems to be for anyone who doesn't have an eBay store.  I just noticed that I have also been reduced to 20 free listings (well, actually 40, 2 different categories with 20 free in each).  When I started selling on eBay you got 3 free listings a month, then 5, then 50, then 100 (in 2 different categories of 50 each) and now I'm back down to 40 (2 categories of 20 each). 

If you are registered on eBay Canada you can also list on eBay.com and you will get free listings there as well (right now 40) I've been doing this for about 2 years and until this month was getting 200 free listings a month, which made having a store 100% not worth it. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@aprilsurf wrote:

I enjoy 50 free listings allowance on "auction style" and "Fix price" respectively each month. But from 1/5/2015, it decrease to 20 per month.

I did not have any negative feedback in the previous year and did not violate any Ebay rule.

It's nothing you did.

This change from 50 to 20 was announced by eBay back in March effective (as you noticed) May 2015. Applies to all non-store sellers.

I suspect part of an effort by eBay to make store monthly subscriptions more attractive. You still can get the free listings on both ca and .com (although I notice .com only displays .com free listings and .ca only displays .ca free listings -- you used to be able to see both regardless of which site you were on).

So with the right mix of products, you have up to 80 free listings per month. Plus any special listing offers that eBay comes up with.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I tried selling on Ebay.com to get 20 more free listings, and they won't let me put my postal code in. Let's say my postal code is U7F 3N1. I enter this into "Location:" and I get an error message telling me to only enter the numeric portion of my postal code. Okay, so I enter 731 as my postal code. Now it says that I gave an invalid zip code!? How do you guys sell from Canada on Ebay.com?
Message 5 of 5
latest reply