international priority shipping is terrible

36_ca28
Community Member
I'm fairly unhappy with the shipping system "international priority shipping". They delivered my package with a very vague window and I missed it, now I am having difficulty finding a way to contact the carrier so I can set it up and make sure I am home when it gets delivered, And for my $130 item, the email says that I still owe $50!!! **bleep** ebay?! I went be buying anything else If this bs rip off system is the only way to get it delivered! Not friggin cool!! This is a sure way to lose business.
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

It sounds like this was a GSP item and if so the you do not owe another $50.  Where are you seeing that? 

If you are getting emails about delivery attempts then see if there is a contact number anywhere in the email where you can phone who the carrier is(most likely Canada Post unless it was a big heavy item then they might use CanPar).  You can also try calling Pitney-Bowes who is responsible for the GSP.

Remember if you do not receive your item you have 30 days after the LAST estimated delivery date to file a claim for a not receive item.  Use the RESOLUTION CENTER link at the bottom of this page and say in your claim that it was a GSP item. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

If you really do still owe $50 on the item, it could be because the seller screwed up and sent the item directly to you instead of through the Global Shipping Center to be forwarded to you.

If it really was sent by "International Priority" through the Global Shipping Program, keep in mind that there's three stages to delivery.

1.  Delivery from the seller to the Global Shipping Center

2.  Delivery from the Global Shipping Center to a receiving hub in Canada

3.  Delivery from the Canadian hub to the buyer.

Any one of these can be considered a "final destination" for the item as there's at least three different shippers involved here.  Unless the tracking information you've received is really clear about the fact that delivery was attempted at the location you specified for delivery, it may well be that this "delivery" refers to one of the other two stages.  How long has it been since the item was shipped out by the seller?

Message 3 of 3
latest reply