item listed as being located in one country but was shipped straight from another

Seller stated item was located in Brampton, Ontario and to be shipped to me in Ottawa, Ontario, a distance of about 500km, between 17-21 business days. The package arrived near the end of the shipping window but it was shipped directly from China, not Brampton as stated in the auction. Is this not a form of misrepresentation? Product is as described but I chose to deal with a seller within my  country for a product that was already in my country. Even the slowest method of in-province shipping would have been quicker. I know it was made in China but that's not the point.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

item listed as being located in one country but was shipped straight from another

You are right. Sellers are supposed to give the location of the product, not the location of the seller and this can be Reported to eBay.

The problems are delays in receipt and potential problems with customs.

You can leave Detailed Seller Ratings. Normal transactions get 5 stars. The lowest rating is ONE Star.

The delay in the shipping (usually this is meant to indicate that the seller shipped promptly, but this is one case where the long delivery period was the seller's responsibility.

The description was also inaccurate because it did not indicate that the item would be shipped from overseas.

You can also leave appropriate feedback. The most effective feedback is calm and factual. 'Shipped from Asia Took 6 weeks to arrive" for example.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply