ok Paypal... IT'S ON

lovebuguniverse
Community Member
I'm so POd right now. I got an email 2 weeks ago stating that a payment by a buyer's bank was reversed so paypal was looking into the matter and for the time being had frozen the amount in my account. It did not state the buyer had a claim with them and the sale was from JULY!

Last night I get an email that they investigated and it was debited from my account and sent back to the buyer.

Where was this investigation?!!!

"Good selling practices like trackable shipping, prompt shipment, and communication between buyer and seller help prevent disputes."

-> If the buyer does not pay for trackable shipping why should I?
-> I promptly shipped it and have emails letting the buyer know as well as an email from the buyer telling me how she's so excited to receive the goods.

I sent them an email last night letting them know my concerns about the matter and here's what I get back today:

Dear Justine Galea,

Thank you for inquiring as to how to restore access to your account.

it goes on and on about how to get my acct access back and how they will work quickly to resolve the issue!!!

My account is fine when I checked but what is wrong with this company???

Is there any way to get those funds back? How can the bank reverse the payment from her bank account now if it was from July
Justine
Love Bug Universe
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

ok Paypal... IT'S ON

Forget email....CALL THEM

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

ok Paypal... IT'S ON

bare_bright
Community Member
That's right forget about emailing them for anything at all, use recped advise and call them, normally no waiting time at all.

Do you mean you had a charge back done on your account? if so Kiss the Funds goodbye, it happens, happened to me b4 there dido you can do, that's what I got from paypal at the time, that was about 2 years ago

all I got was a email from paypal saying that so & so done a charge back and then explained how to protect your account etc.

I hope it was not a huge amount & somehow works out for you

Tibor
T.J.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

ok Paypal... IT'S ON

normally no waiting time at all.

And just keep saying "agent".

In my limited experience the telephone help has been quite good as resolving issues.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

ok Paypal... IT'S ON

funkywatch
Community Member
Same here. When they go into your account to take the money it's usually on behalf of a credit card company. And Paypal is NEVER going to go against a CC chargeback claim. Their business is borderline legal in the sense that they operate something pretty close to a bank without being submitted to any bank regulation.

They have to keep in the CC companies' good books in order to keep their credibility and their business. If CC's one day decide not to do business with PP, it's over. They won't allow that to happen.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

ok Paypal... IT'S ON

whoscloset
Community Member
PayPal will dispute the CC charge-back on your behalf. Usually it comes to nothing, but I did get my money reimbursed after a 9 month wait once.

Monique

Message 6 of 6
latest reply