"Limbwalkers"

A short trailer for an upcoming documentary.

http://vimeo.com/60388487
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

"Limbwalkers"

A worthy and respectable, but dangerous,  profession!   Not for the faint of heart!

Thanks for sharing, please post the mentioned upcoming videos later!

Beware of kittens with red bows, bullies in bandannas, and whining broken records.

€ Lucifleur

~Lucifleur
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

"Limbwalkers"

Not a good profession for someone who's afraid of heights (that would be me :)).

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

"Limbwalkers"

When I lived in Toronto - I had a 300 year old oak tree limbed. I had to have it done - it was unsafe. Back in 1976 they quoted me $1,000 to take the tree down. I could not afford it so I had it limbed for $400.

Man were they good - this thing was in my backyard and the girth at the bottom was 8 feet across - not circumference - diameter.

I had to get an ok from all the neighbours cause they were going to drop limbs in the neighbours yards.

They dropped about 20 limbs after cutting off all the small branches first - some of the limbs were 3 feet across and weighed I would think hundreds if not thousand of pounds. They dropped them so the cut part hit the ground first and some of them made indentations 6 inched deep into the neighbours ground. I had committed to making repairs after the job was done.

There was absolutley no damage and not one of the surrounding fences was busted.

Every one of the climbers was a Newfie - don't know why - they just were.

We all had a beer when they were finished.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

"Limbwalkers"

A bio of Wenda Li (who is in the film trailer) is interesting to read as well, and can be found by doing a Google search of her name.  

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

"Limbwalkers"

I have actually had the pleasure of watching a limbwalker on 2 differnt occasions. The first time he had 3 trees to take down. He swung from tree to tree to take off the upper brances and then would come abit and cut off the main part of the tree and down again and cut some more. Eventually getting all three trees down in clean pile. The second time he had only 1 tree to cut and he brought that tree down right between 2 trailer with nary a scratch. It was wonderful to watch.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

"Limbwalkers"

valve37
Community Member

Do bird nests get any special treament?

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

"Limbwalkers"

Haven't come across bird nests with young'uns in them while climbing.  One wood duck nest in a hollow, a couple of raccoons  of hollow trees, lotsa squirrels, only one tree so far that contained a bat colony.  Once every couple of years get called to retrieve a cat; most are cooperative after several days perched up in a tree.

Here is  Frosty's ordeal:

http://whotv.com/2013/02/28/saving-frosty-an-unusual-rescue/

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

"Limbwalkers"

3 cheers for Frosty-the-beautiful!  I would have been afraid her knight in shining arbour might have accidentally knocked her out of the tree, too!!

Lots of people in that vid...'he knew a guy...who knew a guy....who knew a nurse...'

And obviously Frosty's owner....I mean Frosty's staff...must be a PSW!

🙂

Beware of kittens with red bows, bullies in bandannas, and whining broken records.

€ Lucifleur

~Lucifleur
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

"Limbwalkers"

Watching this one will make a day brighter and put a smile on your face:

http://shelby.tv/video/youtube/9hnbmml8fOY/banker-saves-a-dozen-ducklings-from-a-ledge-abc-news

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

"Limbwalkers"

🙂

Message 11 of 11
latest reply