seller wants my phone number before I can pay.for item

I cant pay for items before I give seller my phone number..a unpaid item has been filed against me.do I have give my number to him as requests,my shipping address does not need it

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Don't give your number, I've never heard of such a reques...

Don't give your number, I've never heard of such a request, You need to call eBay and let them know before you get one of three unpaid item strikes on your account, resulting in your account shut down (after three strikes). 

It's not clear why you were not able to make a payment without giving your phone number, that doesn't sound normal either. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Don't give your number, I've never heard of such a reques...

Couriers in particular often ask for the recipients phone number, in theory so they can make contact rather than have a failed delivery.

The seller can get your phone number from eBay, and you would get his at the same time. But that seems like a waste of time.

If  you are really paranoid about it, give your work number, or the number of your cousin that you don't like instead.

But it is not a common request, mostly because smart Canadian buyers don't allow their sellers to ship by courier across the border. If you think the GSP is expensive, find the 5000 post anti-UPS thread!).

What nefarious deeds do you think he will do with it?

Pay, give your number, get your item. Don't expect it until the New Year.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply