Am I getting scammed or burned? What should I do?

I won an item on auction 2 weeks ago at the seller’s starting price. You can probably already see where this is going.
The seller marked it as shipped and provided a tracking number right away, so great. Or not.

I input the tracking number on the Canada Post app and the sender name showed fff kk. First red flag.
Obviously not their name, looks like an angry handle.

Then no tracking updates at all for days (second flag) Only electronic information submitted by sender.

I messaged the seller after 6 days of no tracking update to ask if they had sent it, were going to send it, please let me know when I should expect it. I know Canada Post sometimes misses scans and sometimes only scans when it arrives near the destination. ( this is all within Canada, btw)

No answer from the seller. I waited for 4 days (3rd red flag )

Messaged seller again today asking for an update because it’s supposed to arrive in 3 days.
Seller didn’t respond to my message but marked my purchase as shipped today. No tracking, no estimated delivery date showing.
(Lots of red flags waving high!)

What am I supposed to do?
How long can they leave me hanging without tracking or an estimated delivery date?
My initial delivery estimate has been erased by this new shipped notification by the seller!
Uuuugh.
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Let me guess, it was in the trading cards category? 

Anyway wait it's past estimated delivery date and open a case for not receiving. Leave a negative feedback, and report the seller. Unfortunately nothing more you can do. It could be someone shipping lettermail and not want you to know it has no tracking. But i got tricked 4 times past month from people getting auction price remorses. It's a serious issue on ebay in some categories. 2 of them did fake shipping the items. They provided no tracking number while i paid for it, then instantly refunded $200 orders when i opened the cases. Ghosted all messages. Very obviously did not ship. Those sellers should be straight banned. 

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

What was the estimated delivery time from within the original listing? what whas the seller's handling/processing time? This information should have been stated in the original listing.

Is the item actually being shipped by the seller?..or is the shipping done through a freight forwarder/drop shipper,etc? Is the item actually originating from within Canada or is it sourced from another country from which it will be shipped?

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Shipped from Canada to Canada via Canada Post. Seller didn’t post any processing timeframe.
Original estimate for delivery was for November 30, so not yet.
The reason I’m frustrated is because tracking only showed electronic information, never received by post office.
And they never answered my messages.
Now they marked it as shipped today without tracking and without an estimated delivery date.
How can they keep changing the shipping date?
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Thanks for addressing my concerns , btw🙏🏻
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Tracking is only as good as the information submitted so not always reliable.

if you haven't already, perhaps check out & read for additional info:

https://www.ebay.ca/help/buying

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

The seller can't change the expected delivery date although it may show a different time in some areas.  But you will be able to open an item not received claim the day after the original estimated delivery date so on Dec. 1.

You said that it shows as shipped now but without a tracking number. Does that mean they took off the tracking number that was originally there?

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Hey thanks for answering.
Yes the original tracking number is gone.
There is no tracking number or estimated delivery date. Now it just says shipped, but it says CPC regular parcel- and all regular parcel has tracking (unless I’m mistaken…)
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Yes Regular Parcel is a tracked service.

Oddly it costs the same as Expedited Shipping (which is only available to "businesses") .

The seller has printed the label, but it has not been scanned by Canada Post.

I agree with the your concern over the seller name.

Unprofessional and unnecessary.

Is the address on your invoice correct? On the shipping label?

Note that some sellers, myself included, do not use tracked services very often. They are expensive and most people are honest.  I mostly just use LetterMail which is basically cheap, reliable and untracked.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Let me guess, it was in the trading cards category? 

Anyway wait it's past estimated delivery date and open a case for not receiving. Leave a negative feedback, and report the seller. Unfortunately nothing more you can do. It could be someone shipping lettermail and not want you to know it has no tracking. But i got tricked 4 times past month from people getting auction price remorses. It's a serious issue on ebay in some categories. 2 of them did fake shipping the items. They provided no tracking number while i paid for it, then instantly refunded $200 orders when i opened the cases. Ghosted all messages. Very obviously did not ship. Those sellers should be straight banned. 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Hi, thanks. Yes my address is correct. I don’t know what they would have put on their shipping label, if they even really made one.
Mine would have to be a small package.
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Hi, thanks for answering. Not trading cards but I think they don’t want to ship because I won at their starting price.
I guess all I can do is wait and open a case for a refund.
People should start their auctions at the lowest price they would accept. I just don’t know why they changed their shipping on my item today. It just seemed even more sketchy, so I wondered if there was a new way to cheat buyers.☹️
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Anyway wait it's past estimated delivery date and open a case for not receiving. Leave a negative feedback, and report the seller.

No.

If the order was two weeks ago, the buyer @barrus-466  has 60 days to leave feedback. It's best to do this after the transaction is completed.

The buyer has 30 days from the last estimated date for delivery to open a  Claim and get a refund.

Because the shipping label is purchased, but apparently the shipment was not given to Canada Post, I'm not sure when that last estimated date will be.

@barrus-466just try to open the Claim. If the date has not passed you won't be able to open it. It might tell you when you can, and that date should be marked on your calendar.

When you open the Claim the seller has to prove delivery. Not shipping. Delivery.

Since the shipment has not arrived, they can't show that and you will be refunded.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

If the order was two weeks ago, the buyer @barrus-466  has 60 days to leave feedback. It's best to do this after the transaction is completed.

I meant to leave a feedback after claiming INR. 

I would clearly not wait more, it's very clear the seller did not ship and won't honor the sale. Sellers not shipping auctions because of price remorses is not uncommon. Seller provided a false tracking number here. I had the same exact situation past week. I think some do that as an attempt to dodge the selling defect of a cancellation, by pretending to ship, not ship, and just refund INR. 

Message 13 of 13
latest reply