Bad seller

I have not received my item from this seller, I paid for my item on May 19, 2013.  Now it is August...Of course eBay can't even go after him because its past the 90 days.  That is ridiculous!  I can't even leave bad feedback on his profile, warning other buyers because its past the time limit.  We messaged back and forth many times, this was the last response I got...August 16, 2013, 3 months after my purchase

This was a response to me asking for my money to be refunded for the 3rd time....
I'm so disgusted
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Bad seller

Sorry about your bad experience.

It raises the question: why did you not file a claim within 45 days as required by the eBay/PayPal buyer protection policy?

Your money would have been refunded in full by eBay/PayPal if you had filed the claim on time.

The only alternative you have today, is to file a chargeback with your credit card issuer for non-receipt if your purchase was paid with a credit card through PayPal.  It may also be too late for your card issuer but it is worth a try as many will consider chargeback after a few months for overseas transactions.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Bad seller

I could be wrong but lately I read complaints about different sellers that are more like rants than actual request on what course of action to take next,very vague to put it mildly.

I really would like to know why a buyer would wait until the initial 45 days expires,and not seek advice for another month and a half.

Can you imagine how much easier it would have been if they had asked for advice 2-3 weeks after not receiving their items.

It must be me ,I just don't get it.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Bad seller

Patken - I too am always perplexed with the mindframe behind the 3 or 4 month random rant out of the blue.

There is a system is set-up to protect the buyer. Some buyers just don't bother to educate themselves when they sign up or along the way.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Bad seller

Thanks, I will try that....

I did file a claim within the 45 days because sometimes it take 45 days or more to receive stuff from china as I am from Canada...I also didnt know about the 45 day rule as this was my first run in with a bad seller

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Bad seller

I first of all had no idea that there was an expiry date to place a complaint and receive my money back...as this was the first time that I have had trouble with a seller....

I bought the package from china and often it takes more than 45 days to receive a package as I am in Canada...

This seller also kept on stringing me along...its coming, its coming.....

Sorry I wanted to trust that the item was coming...I've never had problems with sellers before

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Bad seller

May I make a suggestion,if or when you don't have your item in your hands by 40th day ,file a "item not received " to have it on record,if you receive  it a few days later ,cancel your claim, but if you don't you are already ahead of the waiting game. 

There are  a few bad sellers just like bad buyers,don't let a bad seller get a better of you.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Bad seller

Hi, I see that your note was edited by ebay as you are not allowed to show the seller's name. 

I know everyone has said the same thing, but this is NOT the norm.  I've bought many items from China and yes, sometimes it takes way longer than expected.  But, and I know maybe I'm lucky or something, I've never had a bad seller from there, infact I laugh sometimes if we're communicating as they are SO polite. 

This experience will just remind you that when purchasing on ANY site, you really have to sit down first and educate yourself about the "rules", eg. ebay's 45 day.  It doesn't take long to do this - it's your hard earned money you are dealing with here.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Bad seller

@patken123 wrote:

I could be wrong but lately I read complaints about different sellers that are more like rants than actual request on what course of action to take next,very vague to put it mildly.

I really would like to know why a buyer would wait until the initial 45 days expires,and not seek advice for another month and a half.

Can you imagine how much easier it would have been if they had asked for advice 2-3 weeks after not receiving their items.

It must be me ,I just don't get it.

parker............. when I first started buying here I let the 45 day limit slide quite easily.  I learned to be more vigilant over time.........

But.......... I just squeaked by again.

I bought an item, glanced at **bleep** and put it back in the box.

I took it out about a week ago and it has damage that I didn't see at first.

It happens.

Of course the seller is going on about how I damaged it and now want to return it, but that's not what happened.

Just pointing out that letting the 45 days slide is very easy to do........... even for experienced buyers.

I was going to edit that "bleep" but then it seemed kinda funny.

All I can think is that somehow I had a typo for it.......... that made it look like **it and "bleep" was subsituted.

I know I didn't put it there.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Bad seller

ripped me off 75 dollars US

CHINESE SELLER SELLING BIKE PARTS
HE TOOK ADDITIONAL MONEY TO RESHIP ITEM AND PROVIDED FAKE TRACKING NUMBER BEWARE THEY PRETEND RHE DON'T UNDERSTAND ENGLISH DRAGWD ME OUT AND I DIDN'T REPORT IN45 days

Make sure you file your reports

Cheers mates

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Bad seller

WORST seller with cheap products

THE SELL RAM AIR INTAKE FOR SUZUKI ITEM SENT BRIKEN AND BADLY MADE I LOST 120 with them avoid this seller at all cost. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Bad seller

We are not allowed to 'name and shame' other members, because that would be open to abuse. That is why the name of your bad seller was edited out of your SHOUTING RANT!

Please don't shout.

You have up to 60 days to leave appropriate feedback. The most effective feedback is calm and factual. No name-calling.

At the same time you will be asked to leave Detailed Seller Ratings. A normal transaction should get 5 stars. The lowest rating is ONE star, No stars is a free pass.

If a seller's DSRs drop below 4.3, his ability to list and to sell is severely restricted.

In addition, if the seller left you feedback, you can add a Response to the feedback indefinitely. Again the most effective Responses are calm and factual.

If you pay by credit card using Paypal to process the payment, you can also go to the 1-800 Customer Service number on the back of the card and ask about a chargeback. Be ready for the clerk and very polite, because she can authorize a refund for as much as 90 or even 120 days, depending on the card.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Bad seller

Don't worry there is other Avenues to name and shame seller. Good luck everyone.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Bad seller

frigy85
Community Member

Try buying something  they're so much fun to deal with... starting to think they don't actually have any inventory.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Bad seller

ZOMBIE THREAD

FROM 2013

The problem with zombie threads is that the information in them is often out of date and inaccurate.

Start a new thread with your actual problem for useful advice.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

Bad seller

Hey everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 16 of 16
latest reply