Canada Post at it's finest :(

nan*55
Community Member

I have a item on the way. I live north of Saskatoon.

My tracking

Date Time Location Description Retail LocationSignatory Name

2017/01/2210:05EDMONTON, ABItem departed  
2017/01/2208:23WINNIPEG, MBItem arrived  
2017/01/2108:13SASKATOON, SKItem departed  
2017/01/2108:10SASKATOON, SKItem arrived  
2017/01/2023:46EDMONTON, ABItem departed  
2017/01/2018:30EDMONTON, ABItem arrived  
2017/01/1923:20RICHMOND, BCItem departed  
2017/01/1918:20RICHMOND, BCItem processed  
2017/01/1916:07RICHMOND, BCShipment picked up by Canada Post  
2017/01/19  Electronic information submitted by
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Good gravy.

Contact the seller when you finally get it. They will be able to claim Late Delivery so maybe you can get your money back for postage paid at least. 

I wonder why on earth it's bounding back and forth between Edmonton and Winnipeg?!

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Good gravy.

Contact the seller when you finally get it. They will might be able to claim Late Delivery so maybe you can get your money back for postage paid at least. 

I wonder why on earth it's bounding back and forth between Edmonton and Winnipeg?!

Because it's the weekend and the bots are playing volleyball?  Smiley Tongue

The weekend has no business days so it might not even be late...

My last package where I bought postage at the outlet went via Kitchener on it's way to Montreal because the clerk entered the postal code with an "N" instead of an "H" -- the rest of the address was correct -- took an extra day to arrive, but still met the delivery time requirements.

-..-

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Contact the seller when you finally get it. They will be able to claim Late Delivery

But please remember that this is not the fault of the seller.

I don't think there is any real problem since it was shipped on the 19th and wasn't likely to arrive before Monday the 23rd in any case, unless you paid the seller to use Priority Post.

And even there, if you are not in a major city, Monday would be the most likely delivery date.

Looking at it again-- It got to Saskatoon on Saturday and three minutes later was off to Winnipeg.

Today it was recorded in Winnipeg at 8:23am but managed to get to Edmonton by 10:05am.

kitten-on-the-keys-loretta-mcnair.jpg

Somebody is playing 'Kitten on the Keys' with their data entry.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Looking at it again-- It got to Saskatoon on Saturday and three minutes later was off to Winnipeg.

Today it was recorded in Winnipeg at 8:23am but managed to get to Edmonton by 10:05am.

Somebody is playing 'Kitten on the Keys' with their data entry.

What I suspect happened here is that more than one item wound up with the same tracking number.  This seems to happen occasionally with items where information has been submitted electronically to CPC.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply