Do you think I can refund this iPhone?

I bought iPhone 8+ here eBay.ca and I recieved it this afternoon.

The thing is that I cannot even access the phone, the seller mentioned that it was locked on Xfinity(The US) I knew it but I thought there must be a simple way to unlock here. I live in Canada so I called the carrier, said that the previous holder had to call and athenticate its account otherwise they cannot unlock this phone.

How can I get the information without the seller's help? But he dosen't help me.

I think he had to tell me the important procédures that I have to go through. now I feel so bad, I even paid $120 for customs.

I asked return but he wouldn't accept it. What should I do?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

you are in Canada and bought a phone locked into a USA service, that is not very smart move to start with .. but anyway there are lots of places that can do it for you..just google your area, unlocking a phone. you will find several people who will do this for a price..

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

If worse comes to worst, you can Return the phone -- on your own dime-- as Buyer Remorse.

Your seller described the phone correctly, it was your error that made it (possibly) unusable.

Start by asking the seller politely for a Return for Refund.

Remember when you send the phone to use a Tracked service.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

You may as well spring the extra $1.50 for Signature Confirmation. Worth it, seriously.

When it shows returned the seller can refund with a click of his mouse.

He'll probably also Block you, but that will have no effect on buying from anyone else.

If he is difficult about this, come back and we can show you how to get refunded without his cooperation.

But nicely and politely is the way to start.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply