Double shipping charged

I purchased a car cover for my old classic.  I asked about a storage bag from the same company as it wasn't listed.  The company supplied a link and I purchased it only to realize I was charged shipping for both despite being told the car cover will ship in a single package inside the bag.  I contacted the seller who stated it's eBay's fault.  I contacted eBay who stated it's the sellers fault.  The kicker?  eBay had the nerve to say "don't worry, we have your back".  Needless to say, I'm paying double shipping.  Thanks for nothing eBay.  Apparently you've never heard of a small company called "Amazon".  I will be doing MUCH more business with them from now on.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Double shipping charged

If the cover was paid with a link to the sellers company they should be able to refund that shipping charge I would think. Even if the eBay one can't (maybe used eBay International shipping?) the second separate charge should if the seller told you they were shipping in single package. Try asking him again to refund the second shipping, even if it's partial (weight/size could have changed slightly) would be better than nothing.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Double shipping charged

The seller tried to explain the situation to eBay and they did not budge. I tried both texting and calling eBay personally and they did not budge. This will definitely impact my future purchases with eBay as international shipping charges are expensive to begin with, let alone paying twice for a single package. I am extremely disappointed with eBay.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Double shipping charged

marnotom!
Community Member

I'm still not clear about this link that the seller sent.  Was it to another eBay listing or was it to a site outside of eBay?

Also, it may be the way you're explaining your story, but to me, "the car cover will ship in a single package inside the bag" does not necessarily mean that you'll only get one shipping charge.

The seller may have either pulled a fast one, or else as suggested earlier, the limits of eBay's International Shipping scheme (which are outlined in the terms and conditions linked on the listing page) may have been exposed here.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Double shipping charged

Combined shipping does not necessarily mean discounted shipping.

An honest seller may find that the two items cost as much to ship as a single item.

A more grasping seller may ship together and keep the extra money.

I asked about a storage bag from the same company as it wasn't listed. The company supplied a link and I purchased it

So you bought one cover on eBay and the other directly from the company?

You are probably not covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee.

You are covered by Paypal if you use that, as a Not As Described claim.  The problem is that to get your refund, you will have to return the covers to the seller at your own cost.

You many be covered by the chargeback policy of your credit card, but card policies differ about returns and many other points.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Double shipping charged

Thanks for all who replied. When I purchased the item originally there was no provision to buy the bag on eBay. I was given an eBay link that was created and purchased the bag. I was initially told I was responsible for dual shipping charges but once eBay realized both items shipped with the same tracking number they decided to refund one shipping charge. Thanks again eBay community!
Message 6 of 6
latest reply