EBay globe shipping US to Canada

hc2yz-0
Community Member
Make sure you tell the seller thousands of time to pack safe if your items are delicate and fragile!!
I purchased a few pieces of antique porcelain from the States, paid for high shipping and duties, waited for 31 days for them to arrive. Finally, they are here this morning, but both items were broken. I’m extremely disappointed with the eBay shipping carrier, and I'm also sad that some sellers don't have a sense of responsibility for packaging. I’m expecting a few more pieces to arrive, keeping my fingers crossed for their safe arrival.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

How disappointing.

You do know that the broken items are covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee , though?

While money doesn't make up for losing the Thing, losing money may encourage the seller to pack better.

Was there damage to the packaging or only to the Thing?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks for the info 🙂 one of the box seems old and reused, the other box seems pretty solid but the seller wrapped two plates together with bubble wraps. I can’t really tell what’s caused the issue but I guess it’s too late to find out now… I’ve contacted both seller but they haven’t reply to my request. Thanks again! Happy holidays!
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

While money doesn't make up for losing the Thing, losing money may encourage the seller to pack better.

But the seller won't lose anything as the item made it to the forwarding hub in suburban Chicago.  Their responsibility for damage-free shipping ended at that point.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply